Chromatogram: 3% THC

Why do you ask if it was CO2?

It was warm extracted alcohol crude i believe with clay in the flask second pass

CBC maybe ?

can you seperate the spot via chromotography? do that and send out the purified sample to a lab who has an nmr they can use… or send it to me and I can get around to it.

1 Like

@coppertop heres some c bleach disty i made lol crazy

1 Like

Maybe that huge spike is in fact D10?? I spent a lot of time looking for who the hell posted those results I was referencing in the other thread, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place. This was from a long time ago so I doubt you still have the product, but I wonder if it would have crystalized with some pentane? Seeing as it looks like D10 does indeed crystallize.

I’m pretty sure i made this by using c bleach in the flask first and second pass lol might be worth a shot to try it again

2 Likes

Putting strange chemicals that catalyze reactions into a reaction flask will do this. Try good ole fashioned distillation if you are looking for purity.

1 Like

This was my very first run at d8 over a year ago, i had no idea what i was doing lol I’ve learned alot since then

There is a known issue with supercritical CO2 crude that results in THC getting degraded when exposed to high heat in short path distillation, and even sometimes in wiped film. It isn’t always consistent and could be strain dependent.

Can anyone here point me in the direction of more information regarding this phenomenon?

So d8 plus acidic adsorbant?

1 Like

Yes if i remember correctly, i used c bleach for the first time on some crude and made some nasty 1st pass. I then reloaded it with c bleach again and did a second.

1 Like

I forgot who it was, someone made a comment to me about delta 8 being the final isomerization of thc and i dont believe thats true. If it was you could isomerize high d9 into high d8 and that never happens. Highest I’ve seen in pure d8 is like 83%

1 Like

If i can recreate this can you test it to try and determine what it is

If you are motivated to be more specific I am sure I can help you. Just PM or something

judging by the CBN and d8 that big peak is, like everyone else has said, an undetectable isomerization of d9 thc caused by heat and or acidity. Usually isomerizations are thought to be less psychoactive than d9 but still do provide relief

@Kingofthekush420 Call SRI at 310-214-5092. Your base line is not level. You need to go into PeakSimple and check the box “Base to Intermediate” it will solve this issue.

Summer
SRI

2 Likes

@extractepic c bleach in the flask 1st and second gave me this, 40% d10

That peak is somewhat of a mystery, here is a great lecture that gets into this issue…