Delta 10 THC

It is indeed HPLC DAD. I’ll be honest my knowledge of analytics is limited, I’m only asking these questions to develop a better understanding.

3 Likes

DAD should be able to tell you it’s not CBC, they saw that it didnt have a neutral PH I believe using DAD. Ask @extractepic about it

1 Like

Only to the trained eye @Kingofthekush420 , it took me months to develop the right methods and comprehension of the HPLC/DAD to be able to differentiate the 2 cannabinoids. And it took GCMS and NMR testing and comparison to confirm my methods on HPLC/DAD were valid.

5 Likes

Given an “ambiguous” HPLC-DAD, GC-FID should get you close with a CBC (and probably THCV based on the guess my GC made) standard.

It will certainly be good enough to backup claims of “bullshit! That is not CBC!”

Wonder if the portable FTIR could be trained to “see” it?

1 Like

given the retention time I saw on an SRI 8610C, I suspect it will be resolvable on the SRI-420 I picked up.

Once I have a home setup for that thing I’ll have to hit you up for a sample.

Mary made some delta nine,
and took it to her guy.
He turned it into delta 10,
and now she can’t get high.

21 Likes

Mary was sad,
But her guy had the answer,
“It’s not as psychoactive,
But it could cure cancer.”

27 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :+1:

1 Like

So can you please clarify something. Everyone this thread has been identifying CBC with d10. But when I asked earlier in the thread I was told what you produced was d10a. Which one is it? Is the title wrong?

Delta 10, not delta 10a.

1 Like

We kept seeing CBC spikes when running short path even when the crude didn’t show any. Now that we are running a wiped film the levels are way lower but still present from the decarb. My understanding is that it’s THC deteriorating to CBN and just not completing the process.

Crude oil

After SPD

1 Like

Residence time matters…a lot.

3 Likes

I wonder if that’s what happened Here to this sample using iodine as a catalyst for CBN? @Shadownaught

1 Like

That “CBC” peak is Delta 10. I’m 99% positive. Just another case of mistaken cannabinoid identity.

5 Likes

@coppertop I’m not sure if that is what is happening in that CBD distillate scenario, good theory though. I haven’t worked with enough CBD material to provide an accurate opinion yet. Definitely interested and if I Had access to samples I’d be happy to run comparative analysis to identify if it’s Delta 10 or truly CBC.

Seems like heat and time will create unidentified products even without a catalyst.

“The experimental results for thedecarboxylation of CBDA are shown in Figures 5and 6. In this case, the mass balance is not as clearas the THCA-A data. In both 110°C and 130°C, thesum of the molar concentration of CBDA and CBD diminished as the time and temperature of the experiments increase. This indicates more complex chemistry than the stoichiometric conversion of CBDA/CBD. It might also be an indication of com-pound evaporation under vacuum condition or unidentified products produced at the higher temperature.”

" Likewise, Dussy also studied the decarboxylation of pure Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid A (THCA-A), however, the generation of Δ9-THC was maximal at an intermediate temperature (225°C) but with only 65% conversion. At 300°C, a significant loss of Δ9-THC was observed, although no CBN, a possible oxidation product, was observed."

I wonder if these unidentified products are actually just d10

3 Likes

Yeah with 58% d8 I absolutely stand by my assertion that the cbc peak is not CBC at all, its Detla 10, like has been the case on dozens of my consults. Id put money on that.

just look at the molecule, its such a thermodynamically uphill battle to rip open thc to cbc, the whole point of the synthesis is the enzymes ciclyzing cbga into the downstream products. until your lab has a d10 standard, the point is moot

8 Likes

Would Cerilliant be the best folks to work with on that?

1 Like

cannabinoids

check it out, CBG has one ring structure, CBC has 2, THC has three. The enzymes latch onto the carboxyllic group and close those ring structures. You just cant go backwards Every piece of evidence Ive ever seen asserts that. Prove me wrong and ill happily eat my words as I start pumping out kilos of CBC isolate.

A simple acid or media in the flask could easily push thc down its lower energy state gradient, or maybe up a little hill to get to d10, but to think that it could get pushed all the way back up to cbc, thats far fetched as far as I can tell

12 Likes

you can get delta8 in flower just wont ever break 1%