Degumming, is it necessary?

No pic, looked like ona gel the stuff for grow rooms

I’m in agreement. I always thought degumming required an enzyme or like citric acid. I was trying to explain to this gentleman that degumming was different from dewaxing

I’m gonna send this fool to you with a lb cause hes been arguing for the last few days on this shit. Haha

I’ve never had issues with clarity nor potency when i only winterized instead of winterizing and degumming. I’m a little unclear on the benefit to be honest

5 Likes

You are 100% correct, degumming isnt a necessary step you can USUALLY get enough fats and lipids out with winterizing to get a non cloudy product.

I have had an instance where degumming took out some cloudiness I could never remove even after winterizing twice.

This was some warm ethanol crude that was given to me to clean up.

3 Likes

same here. have never degummed for either THC or CBD material. never had issues with our distillate with either WFE or SPD machines

and science has left the building. @Boomtownpharms lot of crazy assertions being made that are almost certainly not true and definitely not scientifically verified - big grain of salt with a lot of whats been said here.

cold crash your wax and send it on its way. forget the “degumming” nonsense

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

That’s only true if you don’t use water. But if you chemically degum with citric acid, for example, you are breaking down phospholipids by hydrolysis. They then become water soluble. Sugars were always water soluble. Kill both birds with one stone.

Where is your data? Can you scientifically verify your recommended “cold crash” of “wax”?

1 Like

What are you trying to say here I reread this thread and I don’t see anyone making any wild claims that lack scientific data. I was speaking about one of my experiences. Im just having a hard time understanding how your comment is any more scientifically valid than the others

LMAO jinx u owe me a blunt

1 Like

I did take the day off :triumph:
You’re too far, damn it. But I won’t forget your blunt when I see you!

1 Like

I just cryo wash, no winterizing or degunming

3 Likes

Hes talking to me. Any thread dude disagrees with me on he says some stupid shit on :joy::joy::joy:

Hes my biggest fan

my data on winterization? a few different locations… and as far as scientific verification, yes, it stands up to the most rigorous of scientific scrutiny. as should any data…

Shittt why even cryo?

Warm extract, winterize with a membrane, then recover your solvent with a membrane.

The first membrane will remove 90% of the colored pigments and all fats and lipids

1 Like

sorry not you, you werent positing all sorts of statements that arent valid/validated. didnt mean to sweep you into that

You’re joking, right? You’ve yet to provide any data whatsoever.

I’m quite literally asking you to share data that backs up your claims.

Please do enlighten us on what “the most rigorous of scientific scrutiny” is and please show us how such scrutiny is yet to refute any of your claims.

And no, not all data is meant to be conclusive. Sometimes it is actually quite the opposite - when there is disagreement with conventional knowledge. Provide data or stop making such bold claims that have nothing to back them up. You’re just sitting here screaming “I know and you don’t. I know and you don’t. I know and you don’t.” Data or GTFO.

My tek that yielded the jelly stuff was
Bho extraction
Decarb to 120 c
10:1 ethanol to crude
Room temp filter
Dry ice crash of fats then filter
Carbon wash in ethanol to .5 micron
Roto
1st pass distillate in wiper at 170c
10:1 ethanol to distillate
Cold filter out the " jelly "

2 Likes

youre definitely missing the point. i didnt make any claims, unless youre referring to me telling the guy to winterize, which if you wanna go to battle over the legitimacy of winterizing, be my guest.

scientific scrutiny would be other scientists of various backgrounds and experience levels reading over a procedure (in this example) and then judging your conclusion based on their own knowledge, and if enough people cant find anything wrong, id say thats decent scientific scrutiny.

its not “i know and you dont” its “you dont know” :slight_smile:

and noo no i dont think ill be doing any data dumps - obviously - i have no interest in violating the nda i have with my employer