Degumming Consultant Wanted

Hello, I have distillate that contains gums and am looking for a consultant that can help me with degumming. Looking to hire ASAP.

1 Like

@anon42519203

1 Like

I could do a phone consultation but if I were you I’d spring for breaking dabs over me lol

2 Likes

Are you trying to learn how to do heptane washes or is this foreign matter in your material?

Use carbon chems degumming enzyme, 1 gram for every liter. I mix it in before I winterize so I dont have to winterize twice

5 Likes

I have gums in a small batch 30kg of distillate. Not a consistant problem just need a fix for this batch. Thank you @Kingofthekush420 for this. Is this a full elimination of gums or will it just reduce them?

1 Like

@anon42519203 already washed the shit out of it with at multiple Ph levels

What are you experiencing

As long as you use enough enzymes and dont over heat them then you’ll remove all the gums. You break them down into something that’s removed with winterization. If you dont winterize you wont remove them.

1 Like

Cam you use the degumming clay that carbon chemistry makes in the same application as the enzymes

You can but theres no need to. The clay can cause isomerization issues though because its acidic

Aww ok so the enzymes are a better option for degumming since they are not acidic

You can use acid to degum you just have to neutralize it and so to me that’s alot more work then just using the enzymes lol

Yea that makes complete sense to me brotha man

It is a solid distillate that is very cloudy, this is not crystallization. The strange thing is that the material isolated without a gummy layer stuck to the crystals. The manufacturer of the crude is claiming it is not gums but rather something that appears to be gums.

Cloudiness is usually a sign of not fully winterizing, are you sure it was winterized correctly?

1 Like

Pictures would be more clerical

Im very familiar with distillation and this is not fats although I understand your thinking just hearing that it is cloudy, this material solidified as soon as it cooled and has that gummy texture. Tested at 75% CBD crude was 47%. I will attach photos later today. Thanks for the input guys

was there ac used at any point, by them or by you? acid activated AC by chance?

Could it be some sort of cut or something foreign?

I’ve never had cbd at room temp solidify unless theres a ton of thc