Degumming Consultant Wanted

Cloudy & solids sound like a cut. Tbh I know some manufacturers use a lube to load ditsy into packs or carts, could be

It came from crude so it is unlikely it was cut. I have only seen CBD distillate solidified from crystallization or gums and it is a completely different texture when it solidifies from crystallization but I have never seen something that is gummy produce clean isolate.

Since from crude was there clay involved in scrubbing?

That is a good question, I can find out. Are you suggesting the clay could be causing this even after distillation?

Precisely.

If thereā€™s s residual from the clay that could be your culprit due to poor removal from processing crude

1 Like

Clay will cause cloudiness & isomerization

I didnā€™t see any isomerization but I will look into it. This seems like the most likely scenario. Thank you @Cheebachiefextracts @Kingofthekush420 @anon42519203

1 Like

Why do you think itā€™s not fats from incomplete winterization?

I have processes in place that prevent fats from ending up in my distillate as well as fats wonā€™t make distillate solidify within an hour or so at room temp

1 Like

Beyond winterization?
Iā€™ve seen very very fatty CBD distillate harden pretty quickly

1 Like

1 gram to every liter of distillate? Or is this while itā€™s dissolved in solvent for winterization?

That actually sounds like D10ā€¦ do you know the source of the trim and do you have a local lab with a D10 and D10a standard?

High quality cbd will crystalize at room temp. Without thc present. It will only not do so if theres a significant quantity (1%+) of cbc

1 Like

Lab is a very large vendor nation wide. I have processes in place that ensure there is no waxes ending in our distillate, I understand the thoughts and I would have the same thought if I hadnā€™t distilled this myself. And yes CBD will crystallize at room temp but not in 1 hour and not with this texture.

hi ā€¦

My warm heptane crude with 25%fats and lipids by volume is exactly how you describe. Itā€™s like dark rosin almost. Once I remove the fats itā€™s no where near as stable.

Usually gums will cause a little cloudiness but not that much.

1 Like

This is heptane crude but I and I was trying to eliminate as possibilities so after distillation I winterized again and did extensive water washes at multiple ph level. There was a slight change but not much. We have run this process on many different vendors crude and have had no other issues with fats which gives me high degree of confidence that our winterization process is worked well.

1 Like

Idk if any AC was used. Are you suggesting this maybe have caused this? Any way I can tell this was done?

i have no idea how to tell if it has been done :confused:
but previously i used some AC that had been acid activated (this is not something in big letters on the container usually) and it caused nasty streaks/cloudiness and an odor. but none of that happened until you added heat. the etoil looked great. upon reduction - streaky nastiness. now, it sounds like you didnt have a ton of isomerization, which would also be an indicator of this. but i am thinking, enough to visually impact doesnt mean there was enough for appreciable isomerization. certainly not a slam dunk on this one - just a thought. might be worth looking into please keep us posted!

1 Like