Decarb ideas?

What sort of pot? Like just a normal cooking pot on a hot plate with the lid closed? Flip the glass to where it’s caving inverted towards the mixture itself, then remove the center piece and put a overhead homogenizer above? I honestly don’t have a homogenizer, it is most definitely on the checklist I just can’t find any CAT scientific vendors.

I KNEW THAT HAD TO DO SOMETHING WITH THE TERP RATIO!!! Mine clocked in at 94% D9 THC last time I sent to a lab. That makes more sense to why I’m having so many issues with viscosity. I lowkey am just shooting for strain specific effects. I notice with botanicals and cdt they both do what they say they’re gonna do, but not how when you mix actual concentrates in does. It’s on some dispo grade type beat. After the first time I tried it, I got hooked. The issue may be just with the carts, but hopefully that works out by upgrading materials like I did.

1 Like

Like this…no homogenizer just an overhead stirrer.

BTW that’s a griddle for a hot plate.

4 Likes

Hahaha, that’s the same stirrer i used. Pot and hotplate for the win.

1 Like

Cheap and effective!

1 Like

Hear hear. I sold mine. So i know it’s still in the game.

Yeah, what size holes are on your cart? I needed the 2mm holes, otherwise there were just a bunch of issues.

1 Like

I hacked mine by putting a fat paddle on it so i could do 4l runs at a time.

1 Like

They are 2mm, both of them.

Yeah, good luck with it.

Then do this so you know when your decarb is done…

Where can I find a pot like this??? I imagined something very different. As of right now I’m working with much less wax than u are as well. Like 1-4 ounces at a time, I’m small scale, but rising quick.

K-mart, Walmart, Target…just gotta search stores on line to find the one’s with the knob, not the handle.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-20-Quart-Stock-Pot/857842567

They come in all sizes…

or this…

3 Likes

Not only an upside down pot lid, but also a watch glass with a stir hole. Genius!

2 Likes

That second glass one looks like it would work much better for my small-scale setup, is that just a beaker or does it have a specific name, with that lid? until I start working with lbs of wax, that looks golden. Sorry for asking so many questions I just wanna put it all on a shopping list, thank u for everything so far!

Just a beaker…questions are allowed!

2 Likes

This is a good one!

Tricks of the trade.

1 Like

It’s in there…somewhere! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like