Decanter centrifuge

I have a video, can you send me your email?

Did you find a decanter centrifuge for your biomass? We have several options available depending on your liquid solid percentage and flow rates.

Is there a desire on the forum to have access to professional process engineers? I know quite a few and i’m sure some of them would be interested from a purely academic standpoint.

2 Likes

The more the merrier

merry process engineers?!? :thinking:

:popcorn: :beer:

3 Likes

Hi, The decanter centrifuge is great for extraction. The decanter does not squeeze your biomass but instead uses G-Force to remove the solids. After going through the decanter your solvent will have <1 % solids. The solids cake will be very dry.

We have had success removing most of the solvent from the biomass with a decanter. With a full variable speed decanter you can change the speeds to increase or decrease residence time allowing you to fine tune your process and produce a very dry cake.

The ‘contact time’ you mention is typically known as ‘retention time’. It is totally adjustable by simply reducing or increasing the flow through the centrifuge.

For example - if your bowl volume is 5 gallons and your flow-rate is 5 GPM - the retention time is 1 minute. Now, if you were to use the same bowl and reduce your flow-rate to 1 GPM your retention time went up to 5 minutes. In other words, retention time is inversely proportional to flow-rate.

In the real world, you may take a high capacity ( let’s say 60 GPM) centrifuge and process your fluid at 10 GPM. You will get extremely generous retention time which will lead to much better separation. Of course, there needs to be a balance between the rated capacity and actual flow-rate to justify the cost/value of the equipment. But we have had quite a few ‘challenging separation’ situations wherein we have over-sized the centrifuge to increase the retention time and get desired results for the customer.

1 Like

Looking for a used decanter centrifuge. A small one is fine for what I currently need.

Im looking for a decanting centrifuge that will allow me to process approximately 4,000 lbs a day. Closer to Denver the better, also want to buy the peeler that can dewax at same rate as the decanter can separate. Anyone got one for sale?? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Have you looked at discountcentrifuges.com?

They have decanters and peelers in addition to less exotic solutions.

@greenbuggy may still have his decanter

Ended up selling mine to a machinery dealer who wanted it, I know of a new Chinese import vertical basket centrifuge for sale in the Denver area but no decanter style ones at the moment.

1 Like

$47k Used- Flottweg Z4D-3/401 Decanter Solid Bowl Deca

@hambread I have a rental fleet and purchase options. We can show you are units in action anytime. Feel free to reach out if we can help!

@Siosis We have a rental fleet of great running decanters and also purchase options. Look us up sometime :slight_smile: Integrity Centrifuge Services

@MrRandy we are here in Texas with a nice fleet of decanters both for rent and purchase. Best, and I mean absolute BEST pricing, availability and tech support . I make sure of it! I’m here to help should you need me :slight_smile:

We have a nice fleet of decanters both in our rental fleet and for purchase options if you get to that point! :slight_smile:

@Tech1145 before you spend unnecessary dollars, we would love to send you a quote on our decanters we have here in Texas. We pride ourselves on always having the best pricing and availability. No matter the industry. All of our units are ready for immediate delivery. :slight_smile:

Hi @KCSolv THE DECANTER is THE way! I have a great inventory here in Texas that can suit your needs if you care to discuss further :slight_smile:

Hello gents! I am new to the site, I see there is a high demand for the decanter centrifuge. However, I see that a lot of guys are getting hit over the head with pricing and availability. Im here to help and answer any questions about the Centrifuge. I have a great inventory here in Texas available to you 24/7 should you have a need!