DEA: "Seeds are legal, DKWTF you thought they weren't."

I made up the quote to get you here reading this.

11 Likes

“That disconnect between the federal stance (vis-à-vis the 2018 Farm Bill and the 2022 DEA official determination) and the state-by-state stances (a spectrum of policies that serves as a good reminder to know your local statutes when getting into this business) is a stumbling block that any startup cultivation business will need to confront.”

I asked my compliance inspector specifically about this disconnect a few months ago (OK) and she said out of state seeds were absolutely not allowed without elaborating.

4 Likes

Maybe the seed sector of this industry would be first for interstate allowances (sales across state borders of at least genetics).

Or it could be a trap to level the field…

3 Likes

Solid title. Got me to read. You won.

2 Likes

I was about to post this here just now. I know somebody got their seeds confiscated in the mail recently, and was going to post this up for the rest of the community.

Could he just quote the article and send back the confiscation letter with the article in quotes from the DEA to get back yo stuff? pfft. do they even have an evidence room [for long-term] or do they just incinerate most products deemed illegal nowadays?

I know a guy that got charged with over an elbow… just in seeds… Texas can be harsh…

4 Likes

One day…

1 Like

I can eat two spliffs (1 1/4 sized with crutch) in 15 seconds with a bottle of water.

Because Texas.

The theory is that you’ve got about 15-30 seconds from the time cherries&berries bloom to the tap&ask.

Bottle of water is there to avoid an Ace Ventura:
5a588c3c-452a-42f4-9164-96f5fdfe9f5a_text

9 Likes

fuck that up and you’ll get hit with a tampering with evidence felony

4 Likes

Yep… I took a photo in front of a car… with a green grill… cops laughing their asses off… tampering was the worst charge I took…lol

3 Likes

When the THC breathalyzers come online, they’ll fill the funding that was taken from all the alcohol-related DUI that are starting to go down.

I’ve had a German truck driver or two tell me that there was a forehead skin swab test that was conducted as far back as 2004. Detected presence “up to 4 hours after smoking”. Assuming it’s detecting the presence of smoke from the hotbox itself rather than metabolites being excreted.

Future breathalyzers may never even need to analyze breath. Might be contact pads on your phone that prevents you from starting your flying Prius after a 10ml vape cart hit.

2 Likes

And people wonder why I dont mess with my own parts (Tejas) lol unless its $

2 Likes

Or even they figure out how to successfully use Minority Report testing in court

Neurological testing(Cannabis drug testing - Wikipedia)

Though very unlikely to be used, and more unlikely in court, Electroencephalography (EEG) shows somewhat more persistent alpha waves of slightly lower frequency than usual.[25] Cannabinoids produce a “marked depression of motor activity” via activation of neuronal cannabinoid receptors belonging to the CB1 subtype.[26]

2 Likes

Lmao. Thatll be the day.

As someone who has a complete understanding of current police, body cams and their IT /software needs… WatchGuard VISTA WiFi Body Camera - Motorola Solutions

It is all a giant waste of $ for image.

No minority report necessary. Our system readily targets citizens without probable cause. Picking out the “easiest” targets to be focused on.

What you want to know is the process of documenting cam uploads and how they arent even foolproof. Nationwide.

Breathalyzers hah

2 Likes

i think “hemp” clones are already somewhat legal. at worst they die. clones have less thc than that nasty cannabis stuff.

2 Likes

Not the best pic, but my seeds were confiscated and destroyed by the USDA 2 weeks ago:

Reason being they were “Cannabis seeds for planting”

1 Like

For souvenir purposes only.

1 Like

I wish I had the chance to tell the inspectors that lol, they were destroyed before I ever got to see my souvenirs. Another order is being sent stealthily.

2 Likes

Whoever you bought those from doesn’t know what game they’re in.

I see these came from Canada. Importing is a whole other story. Check out Neptuneseedbank.com for a domestic source. Or the guys on this site that operate in the US.

1 Like