DEA issued an interim final rule stating synthetically derived d8 remains schedule 1

https://cannabusiness.law/dea-just-dropped-a-bomb-on-the-hemp-industry-part-1-hemp-extract/

13 Likes

Heh… compliant D8 feels like a fucking pipedream right meow.

7 Likes

Looks like another thread posted this and are getting other messages…lol

3 Likes

Doesn’t page 22/23 say the opposite? I don’t know their nomenclature.

1 Like

Yeah. Looks like it’s clearly stated that any hemp to synthetic thc is scheduled 1

7 Likes

I think I was focusing on this Changes to the Definition of Tetrahydrocannabinols

The AIA also modified the listing for tetrahydrocannabinols under 21 U.S.C. 812(c) by stating that the term tetrahydrocannabinols does not include tetrahydrocannabinols in hemp. Specifically, 21 U.S.C. 812(c) Schedule I now lists as schedule I controlled substances: “Tetrahydrocannabinols, except for tetrahydrocannabinols in hemp (as defined under section 1639o of Title 7).”

Not on the paragra[h below
The AIA does not impact the control status of synthetically derived tetrahydrocannabinols (for Controlled Substance Code Number 7370) because the statutory definition of “hemp” is limited to materials that are derived from the plant Cannabis sativa L. For synthetically derived tetrahydrocannabinols, the concentration of 9-THC is not a determining factor in whether the material is a controlled substance. All synthetically derived tetrahydrocannabinols remain schedule I controlled substances.

2 Likes

Lol yeah just read the next paragraph

3 Likes

That looks pretty fucking clear to me. I hope you all making d8 are doing it under a thc umbrella

Also looks like if it’s over the concentration of .03 it’s gonna be considered cannabis sativa too.

4 Likes

Thank god they forgot cannabivarins lol.

5 Likes

Everyone just has to pick it apart and analyze it for ‘usefulness’ till it there’s nothing left. We aren’t ready for any sort of enlightenment. Cant even grow a damn plant :rofl:

5 Likes

This looks like the paragraph where they define all those hot cbd concentrates are now illegal too.

5 Likes

Alot of legislation happened while I went back to work last week I guess😐

2 Likes

That’s exactly what it appears DEA is trying to do.

Time to submit some comments!

4 Likes

That is how I read it. It looks like the hemp bill loophole is now pretty closed up. Especially transporting cross state lines.

Could u imagine getting hit with .6 thc hemp and having tons and being charged with cannabis transportation.

This probably isn’t gonna be as bad instate but interstate commerce is gonna be interesting

8 Likes

Pretty sure we all saw this coming

17 Likes

Steve’s revenge.

19 Likes

You give him too much credit. That makes him seem like he has power lol

4 Likes

And the other shoe drops

3 Likes

I knew the Alphabet Bois would pop up soon

2 Likes

Not really. If the authorities were alerted to his farm and he had over .03, by by Steve.

8 Likes