DAF at it again!

So who is gonna break down the new “tek” this guy is flexin on IG lately? It looks like some sort of carbonation on CRC terp sauce. Is he just using co2 instead of nitrogen for the push and getting carbonation in his oil or is it some more complicated reaction? Also what are the benefits of carbonated dabs if that is really what we’re seeing? Terp burps? I’ll add some screencaps for anyone who hasnt seen this yet.

2 Likes

I’d like to know the reasoning behind this also

1 Like

My guess is a light fast propane pull through crc

1 Like

Decarbed THCa?

3 Likes

Looks like he’s using an ultrasonic processor on live resin. Probably partially decarbs, short bursts for terpene retention. He mentioned it being more homogenized, so that’s my guess.

Edit: This would also explain the bubbles.

9 Likes

I’m good on this texture lol.

7 Likes

I am the inventor of dec

1 Like

Lol…

3 Likes

Take CRC diamonds and pour off the top layer. Distill terpenes (properly). Wash diamonds. Partially (or fully) decarb diamonds. Homogenize the pure terpenes with the decarbed diamonds. Boom! It’s not like you can just do that with anything though. Fire in, fire out. That’s why their products are superior! All starts with the genetics.

This is just an educated guess… I respect and support DAF they have some of the best terps that I have ever consumed personally :fire:

12 Likes

He says in the post its not decarbed, and decarbed diamonds arent a new enough tek to be posting about being exclusive with.

I have no hate for DAF and last time I was in portland it was basically all I dabbed. Just trying to stay up on the new tek if there is any.

I think @iLLnyeTheShatterGuy might know what it is judging by his comment on the post. Maybe he would be so kind as to share?

1 Like

He said “it’s not just decarbed” which implies it was decarbed, just that he did other stuff as well.

3 Likes

The Extractioneering dude hints at CO2 carbonation of his htfse. has a vid on his IG with a co2 detector showing the co2 evolving from his extract when uncapped , swares its not decarb’d but isnt clear about the process. Id imagine having some co2 in the c4/oil mixture could provide some sorta mass transfer enhancement to coax separations after the column or to decrease the amount of LPG solvent needed for primary extraction

4 Likes

Most compelling thing I’ve heard so far is separating HTE, decarbing THCa and then homogenizing the two. It looks to me like there’s entrained gas bubbles, which would suggest that a gas has been bubbled through the liquid matrix. This could be done with something like a carbonation stone if the matrix’s viscosity was low enough.

DAF clearly makes some great products, but the dude who runs their Instagram page is an egotistical, mean-spirited person. And he really, reaaalllyyyyy thinks he’s better than everyone else cause he’s built a successful hash company.

Cool dude, you make good hash with good material. It’s not that fuckin hard, we all do it.

In my opinion, the guy isn’t doing anything ground breaking, he’s just louder than most folks.

35 Likes

Just brain storming could they be using media that’s raising ph and possibly aiding as a catalyst to decarb as well to inhibit crystal formation

2 Likes

I love adabinol. My very favorite edible.

4 Likes

That’s a part of the vibe for sure. As with many of those situations, in spite of his online persona, Jaimie is a very nice young man in person. But then again, I think that about folks with much asshole-ier ig accounts than @dirty.

11 Likes

@Sidco_Cat I haven’t tried the adabinol but there hater tears are legit and some of the tastiest concentrates in Oregon.

1 Like

Truth. Also, fair pricing. Some folks forgot that these aren’t really diamonds!

3 Likes

Fair enough, never met the guy so I won’t pass judgement.

The internet makes people do some weird things

6 Likes

@TheGratefulPhil You are a gentleman and a scholar.
:kissing_heart:

5 Likes