D9 prices and availability in MI?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

The price of the west coast + a road trip

22 Likes

I’m working through my D8/D9 stock which is $1800-2k a L right now (Sep. 2020 prices).

@Demontrich any thoughts?

8 Likes

I’d like to see what the coa ona $2800 liter of d9 looks like. Have any?? Any with heavy metal and pesticide testing?

I’ve heard of some cheap pricing. But I haven’t heard of clean non converted d9 for so cheap. Can you show us some COAs??

8 Likes

its a mix of d8/d9 for 2000 a litre?

1 Like

D9 is around 2800 in my circle in CA. I’ll try and grab a COA for ya

9 Likes

That’s damn cheap for clean d9. The last disty I bought was about 30% higher per g. Pretty crazy that d9 is going so cheap considering the input.

I hear the trim prices are dropping due to conversions and people not needing the trim as much. Didn’t Realize the whole d9 market was gonna crash with it.

10 Likes

There no sense in running a small SPD anymore. Unless your ready throw down the cash, you’re going to have real hard time competing, hell, even keeping up

And the membranes aren’t even common yet

7 Likes

do you see d9 price crashing even more?

1 Like

I think they will remain unstable, based mostly on the price of the biomass. These huge systems everyone has are pumping out disti as fast as they can fill machines. Nobody wants to pay more than $30-40 for material to run, so if they can’t get it, prices will go back up. If they’re new tech to make it faster and cheaper, prices will go down. It’s just a commodity these days, so how fast and cheap you can make it is what really counts.

It wasn’t that long ago when a L of disti fetched $7-9k. It seems that it has been the most unstable product as far as pricing goes.

Actually. I remember when a liter of CBD disti might fetch 10k, but that was very short lived

4 Likes

$2800 is not normal. Anyone that is reading this should know that if you are paying 2800 you are most likely getting converted liters. Price for traditional is still around 3.5-4.5k depending on paperwork. Trim prices are steady with last year. Some people are more connected than others, but in general 2800 is not normal and if you are given that price you should get a sample and have it tested

11 Likes

I agree, what i am seeing is the market flooded with converted boof.

9 Likes

Lol 2800 is not normal, thats converted or dirty.
Im still seeing some go for 5.5-6

5 Likes

And I’m going to say, at least sniff every jar! (Even if there’s 100)

Take your own samples! Or at least test before you use anything!

A lot of crazy shit is going on in the world right now…

6 Likes

If you have CLEAN d9 liters at 2800@, I’ll snatch up 2.

9 Likes

Is there something to smell in converted liters?? Any distinct smell??

I know color, heat and other factors in determining a converted liter but smell is a first time hearing this

1 Like

My friend just picked up 50, and 10 of them had the classic burnt rubber smell, they trusted the COA they were given and filled 10000 totally unusable carts. Even 10% terps couldn’t cover up the smell.

Rest of the order was fine and everything tested clean

4 Likes

I had a faint burnt rubber smell my 1st spd run.

4 Likes

I’m glad most of the disty I buy has a slight terp smell like weed. You can even dab it and it taste deceit.

6 Likes

That’s weird. Do they swap flasks early and get a bit of terps?

No taste
No smell here

6 Likes