D8 with t5

Doing the high purity conversion from cbd to d8 would then putting t5 in the flask mess up your conversion. Just curious or a dumb thought?

1 Like

Depends on you rxn acid base

thats how a lot people started to make d8 and or figured it out on accident by leaving some t5 in the oil when ditilling.
Or are you saying do this after you already convert?

I used t5 my first attempt and got around 65% d8.

2 Likes

I think he’s saying put in the t5 after converting to d8 in an attempt to eliminate any remaining d9. I have heard people do this. Can’t speak on the efficacy

3 Likes

I’m saying after you convert

1 Like

No well that’s a good idea but I mean to eliminate color. Or will this mess with your conversion.

1 Like

Well let me express my opinion which is coming with no chemistry background and just basic assumptions.

If you put t5 in a flask of mostly d8 and heat it back up its essentially going to continue the reaction and further convert the oil and possibly degrade the oil, it will also make your oil smell bad.

Why not use a column to fix the color. I am assuming you have also done a good a/b wash?

1 Like

Yea I have. I was just critique cause the old way of making d8 from d9 was carbon scrub filter chromatography and then t 5 and it would come out beautiful water clear.