Cutting shatter bho with terpenes sop

In the past I was trying to avoid degrading the good stuff, and my assumption was the more it was decarbed prior to combustion the less of the desirable volotiles were available, especially if you’re going for the “live or raw” cart classification.

But the more I learn, especially about distillate, I’m coming to realize that may not be the case. Now I’m just wondering where the diminishing returns are when it comes to using live/raw material and keeping those desirables in.

Those individuals are utilizing the high terpene extract portion of their extracts. They crystalize out what they can, and extract the crystals from the solution. Next this hte is added to distillate and a portion of the diamonds, or utilized as is.

If you are trying to incorperate hte into distillate you can either heat and homogenize, or put it in a planetary centrifuge.

2 Likes

Oh shatter was gg4 flower no decarb before or after still really strong :muscle: an was a beautiful gold very stable shatter after vac no oil was very hard took about 8 hours start to finish

1 Like

What is your process for making the bho?

Could you possibly post a guide to your method ? I’m pretty green and this sounds like an affordable way to get some decent carts for a beginner with no major start up funds :pray:

If you have good shatter decarb it at like 130° f for about 5-10 min then add a 10% cut of terpenes and stir. it which is where a heated magnetic stirrer is handy. Then once it has decarbed and Terps are mixed in really good fill your carts

3 Likes

For sure. In short I did the following:

• bought the best hash available
  • made small chunks of it
  • put the hash in dry-ice cooled ethanol (96,4%/190 proof) and let it dissolve
  • filter the plant material off
  • rinse material with cold ethanol to catch rest of cannabinoids
  • ethanol/cannabinoids 10:1 and deep freeze in dry-ice over night
  • filter trough bed of celite545
  • freeze again and filter again → winterization and defatting done
  • warm solution to 35-40°C (not too hot to retrain natural terps)
  • mix with charcoal (oil:charcoal 10:1) and bentonite (oil:Bentonite 6:1) and stirr for 30m
  • filter all this at least twice over bed of celite545 and bentonite (T5)
  • put solution in rotovap to get rid of most ethanol
  • put in vacuum oven to get rid of remaining alcohol → hashoil ready
  • mix hashoil with terps (and diluent in needed/wanted) → amounts depends on quality of hashoil
  • fill in carts → done
7 Likes

Please me too

Thanks you all for the info u just saved beautiful shatter

2 Likes

Adding terps before purging solvent off? Is this method suitable if you are not decarbing ?

Idk I’d just grow better weed or source better weed and ask for trim

4 Likes