Custom Ethanol Extraction system input

We are currently doing about 40 liters a month with a 2" pope, 2L short path and 2 20L rotos. We are in California and Colorado but building out our second facility in California.

that sounds like output not input.

if you’re asking to size an extraction system, I can’t help without additional data.

How much crude are you going through?
What grade (potency) of input are you hoping to extract?
How are you currently producing your crude?
What sort of losses are you seeing from crude to finished product?

We want to run 500-800 pounds a weeks of material

which means recovering about 1000-1500gal of Ethanol a week unless you run the same solvent over multiple batches of cannabis. In which case I again need the potency of the input material, because the number of passes you can do varies with potency of input.

Assuming whole plant at about 10%, you can probably reuse your solvent 4 or even 5 times. so you can get away with 25gal a day at your lower limit, and might want to look at 100gal a day to give you room for expansion.

You could get a CUP 15, and process 8lbs every 30 min, and recover over-night in a large (100gal) still. or FFE if you’ve got the capital.

or you could process 75lbs at a time using a 100gal reactor, and use a press to get your solvent off the cannabis. recovery looks similar.

2 Likes

Trim and popcorn nug usually between 8-15%

Cup 15 is great but 90k trying to do it cheaper then that lol

Are you sure on that price? pretty sure $90k gets you more than a CUP15.

I could have sworn when I was in their shop back in October, the CUP15 was $35k, and the CUP30 looked to be $55k. unless I’m hallucinating again… :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: maybe the 15 was $55k and the 30 was $90k?!?

Mine should be here next week. Haven’t seen the invoice. I requested the CUP 30 and was turned down…but I probably paired it with the Spray-Vap or Pinnacle’s FFE so it was a very expensive combo.

Asked for funds to build a cannabis disorienter from scratch 3 or 4 years ago. Wish it had occurred to me to use a standard washing-machine for just recovering the last 5-10% of solvent. I wasn’t happy with the wetted surfaces/bearing/non-enclosed motor when looking at them as extractors. Doh! I wouldn’t try flying one now, but maybe that’s just me.

1 Like

quote from them yesterday

damn!

hallucinating again it is then… :dizzy_face:

like I said, haven’t seen what we paid, and can’t find what Nick sent my way six months ago. I also don’t know when we pushed go.

Delta called and asked if we needed a lift-gate for delivery on Monday. As far as I know it hasn’t landed yet.

1 Like

This is the new version, the older version is 8k cheaper

Wow, i got it quoted at 62k for the old model 4 months ago. I guess business is booming over there.I

1 Like

They probably get to quote whatever they want then get commission off that. I can see it being 50k but 85 is crazy

1 Like

Yeah, 85k for the 15 gal is a bit much.

100%

1 Like

my current recommendation would be the NSEP 755 for $40K-ish.

it will handle approx 100lb dry biomass at a time. it’s 30" baskets are removable. it’s rated (explosion proof). has a 20 year service life in the hands of the US Army. it is easily modified to allow sprayed solvent extraction. and at 1200g, it should come pretty close to the Panda for solvent removal.

Edit: there is however no built-in agitation phase with these things. it shouldn’t be a difficult mod. but it would be a mod.

4 Likes

i think this happens to be the thread for me right now. I’m looking to run about 100-200lbs a cycle with full plant ~10% yeilding.

I’m hoping to take care of both the initial extraction, secondary recovery from biomass and FFE recovery phases within ~70k-80k

Am i crazy?

2 Likes

yep. unless you’re building the FFE yourself. least based on my math.

4 Likes

well then, i hope this is one of those situations when being called crazy is a good thing

diy is the plan thus far

2 Likes

I’ve certainly decided to embrace it…

2 Likes

6-10%

That ia going to be difficult. You could pull off the extraction setup for $10k (based on my own findings using jacketed fermenting tanks and a chiller). The centrifuge is $40k though and FFE are all over $100k. Even building yourself may be more exoensive than that.

5 Likes