@Curious_Roberto house flooded from Ida. Community Fundraising and help drying

That’s was me.

I had a some freebies awhile back I popped that had one killer plant that had some meaty ass terps. The gf ended up calling it baloney pot. I think the actual breeder was sweet seeds, and the strain was killer kush fast or something?

It’s gone now though, I lost it and everything else in the ida floods. My basement took 7’ of water.

Entire op and all I personally own is getting trashed tomorrow. What a few days it’s been for me.

Added a quick pic of what I walked into Thursday morning. It’s been a rough past few days to say the least.

18 Likes

Oh my god dude.

Flooding?

Can we make a donation page for you bro?

11 Likes

I hate to say it, but I might end up needing some help. I have been able to save some cash up the past few years, but this is gonna take most of it.

Our house wasn’t covered by flood insurance, but since fema declared a disaster I’m hoping we get most of what we spend back, but I’m realistic in know I’m gonna end up eating some of it and we’ll hope we get it back when we sell.

We, my gf, our two cats, and our dog all made it out safe, and we have a place to stay until we can get our power back on, so I’m thankful.

If I’m being totally honest, I’m crying the most over all my spider friends, and the houseplants we lost lol.

22 Likes

This was from the ida storm, dude it was fucking nuts.

In 30 minutes my basement went from dry to having 2 feet of water in it, a window caved in.

I had to have the gf hold the widow as for me while I popped our main breaker in the panel. I held the window long enough to know she got out of the basement, then I had to let it go and stumble up the stairs.

Easily the scariest moment in my life now that I’ve been able to look back on it.

9 Likes

Damn man @Curious_Roberto im sorry to hear about this. I own a full service water damage restoration company please let me know if you need any help dealing with insurance regarding your claim I get denied claims covered all the time.

18 Likes

Yeah, we got told by our insurer good luck lol.

If you don’t mind, I’m gonna dm you and ask you for some steps.

Remediation companies around here and understandably slammed, so I’m going to do it all myself for now.

I have a dude coming over tomorrow to help me with the physical labor parts, so hopefully I’ll have all the refuse and drywall out in a couple of days.

Am I from there mostly concerned with drying things as much as possible as fast as possible?

I have a generator and a bunch of industrial fans I can run down there.

Edit: also, thank you for the condolences, it genuinely means a lot to me brother!

5 Likes

@Curious_Roberto fans are a good start but your going to need large industrial dehumidifiers as well… I look forward to your DM I’m condpfident I can walk you thru this from start to Finnish.

13 Likes

I have a dri eaz lgr something. I can palletize it for you and ship it your way Tuesday

16 Likes

@FicklePickle @Curious_Roberto those Dri-Eaz LGR’s are exactly what he needs

9 Likes

@FicklePickle also if you wind up sending that I can add a few of my fans to that pallet

4 Likes

Bro, you’re amazing. Thank you man.

You guys are the best.

I can absolutely use that machine.

@island.genetics, thank you so much.

5 Likes

Can the community suggest the best company and method to ship that through?

5 Likes

Also, can a lvl4 maybe move this starting at comment 2881?

I absolutely ruined this thread with my pity party lol.

Sorry fellas.

5 Likes

I’d hate to make you a go fund me or public donation page… you’ll end up having to pay heavy taxes on those donations… at least as far as I know….

5 Likes

Ugh, you’re right.

I will make a new thread, tbh, I just like that this threads been able to stay open and only be about flower pics, and now I have my flood ruining it.

6 Likes

Nah bro you’re good. We’ll have a lvl 4 clean it up.

I mean, you asshole, how dare you mention your personal life

:wink:

11 Likes

I’m making a new one. Wait to reply @Curious_Roberto

3 Likes

@Curious_Roberto I made a new one for you

5 Likes

Thank you sir!

I’m already more than grateful for you guys. Just the quick message @island.genetics has given me and you’re help are amazing

Also, I want to say thank you to @raghanded, he’s been letting me vent via dm the past few days and has offered his help. Once I’m settled, I’m owe him a meal.

Thank you guys.

Edit: sorry dred, hit reply one sec too soon

8 Likes