Curing cbd flower, does it require oxygen or not?

I also have an OTS (off the shelf) solution for the containers if interested.

1 Like

Curing has nothing to do with breaking down chlorophyll. It is actually the art of preserving the chlorophyll and terpenes.

The modern day cannabis business is starting to remind me of what my aviation mentir once said.
He looked at me after I thought I had an idea of how to make money in aviation and said. If you want to make a small fortune in aviation, you just need to start with a large one. :grin:

3 Likes

From my understanding curing is the process of growing a bacteria on the bud thatll actually break the chloraphyll down. ( or so this was what I was taught, could be wrong)

To do this you need the perfect humidity inside the bud

Burping just releases some moisture so you can get to the perfect humidity level or so I always thought.

I could be wrong though!

I’m much better at extracting then growing.

1 Like

Here is a small hint

Chlorophyll = Colors, No chlorophyll = No color(or brown which is a color but not to desirable in flower).

Here is a visual example.

So wich one is cured :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

3 Likes

@Dirteagle eagle hit it out of the park. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Curing is a slow drying under conditions to pressurve the bud of it s taste and smell and almost every conousseur has his own method
In europe we cure way diffrent than in the US main diffeance we keep some light in the drying process around
Burping of material everybody has there own reasons
What strikes me the most of your question is
Why do you think your bud is of such quality that it will be a great smoking product
The smoker in general is very critical about the scent and visual of the bud
Have you given it thought once dryied
How it will be clipped
Is this a indoor grow crop
Is this a flavorfull strain
Is it a thc free bud
All these aspects would mean more as to how to cure

2 Likes

Another hint.

The reason we cure in a dark room is to preserve the color. Chlorophyll reacts with __________?

2 Likes

:spoon:

1 Like

I am not saying it s not treu
But we keep some light prefurably
TL light on indirectly of the biomass
To get a light green bud

1 Like

Who was it that didn’t get the memo?

Besides is Supoon Sunday

https://www.amazon.com/Dreamfarm-Supoon-Silicone-Scraping-Measuring/dp/B00385WI4K

3 Likes

I understand that and it’s like sun bleaching flower.

1 Like

Tell you the treuth i never asked why
I was thought this way custumer never complained and that was it

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Ama need to prime myself a few of those. They just don’t know about the struggle on Sundays.

1 Like

Well, I’m personally not a smoker, but I’ve been told that the T1 Trump strain is a desired smokable variety. THC is below .3%
Once dried we will buck and run it through a trimmer before curing. Although I’ve heard there are some advantages to trimming afterward?

I’m just going to go out on a limb and state that order of operations goes into preference and competitive advantage/IP.

2 Likes

In switzerland where hemp has been legal. We hang dry slow 20 days we want to be at 12% we then select and clip whats for smoking by hand and the rest goes on the machine
We store in those brown mail bags into those bleu polypropyleen bin sof around 200 liters with a black cap
We burp once a week to once a month for the first 6 months and after that don t touch them again
We see to it that it doesn t freeze in the storage place

1 Like

Any seeds in that bud ?

no seeds