Crystal Resistant Distillate for Vapes Carts

Hello,

I have been working on crystal resistant material for the past 6 months. I have created material that for the past 2 months have been crystal resistant. This material would be >75 CBD and ND for THC.

What do you think I could wholesale this material for per KG?

What does it do when you heat it up and add terps and it cools down. Does it crash then? Pics? Have you disturbed the material in that time to see if providing a nucleation point will start it crystallizing? 25% unknowns is a lot for something I’m going to have to assume was modified in some way from being natural plant material.

1 Like

Gotta have something strange in it to keep cbd from crystalizing at 75%…
Just my opinion.

5 Likes

If you have 75% cbd its going to crystalize eventually. especially after some heat cycles. Can you share a COA?

Here is what I found to be a great CRD and it was selling for around $1500-2000
COA attached for specs. 95%+ TAC (not distilled and not a blended formula. Lots of chromatography though)
CRD85 - 210120E0101.pdf (927.7 KB)

2 Likes

The lighter material is crystal resistant but it’s a lower potency at 52% CBD. Neither one has any additives. With that said there are no terps either. They both get turned weekly, which should allow for a nucleation point to occur and allow for crystallization to start. Everything in these are 100% hemp derived. This hasn’t been sent out for 3rd party testing yet.

3 Likes

I gotta ask, what makes up the other 48%?

Are you remediating by degradation?

6 Likes

I can believe it at that potency… But I’m with @thesk8nmidget, and curious as to what the rest of the cart is made up of. Let us see that COA when you get it, I’m interested to see it!

3 Likes

Does it have a fucked off ph or sum?

Ip secrets are kinda shenanigans these days

1 Like

I’m willing to bet at that % it’s kinda like what I was making. If it is in fact 100% hemp derived then it’s flav/terpenoids that keep the solution intact.

Although the stuff I was making was more of a reddish orange color and sat around 72% CBD and 78% TAC, I never managed to make it THC free and also crystal resistant. To be fair I didn’t try very much, it was mostly a few happy accidents until I realized what was happening.

3 Likes

This is about 6-9 months old, but I tested some t-free CRD in a few carts this year. Tested around 76%, stayed liquid in the cart for about 2 months without any heat, about 2 days if you applied heat by toking on the cart.

Wolkentek carts ate it in both slightly solid and liquidy forms. Busted the cart however after it is left to sit for a few months. Oozed from the bottom.

Adding some cart pics. Same cart from my review back in November ish. Never heated, just let it sit. Took about 3 months to leak from seals and bottom.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, these distillates often contain a bunch of fatty acid esters that are basically what you see in hempseed oil. No flavonoids. Some heavy terpenoids but nothing you’d want to be consuming necessarily.

I’d love to compare GCMS on seeded material versus non. Plenty of oils can accumulate in nonseeded material but just because it’s from hemp doesn’t mean we want it. I’d be suspicious of crystallization resistant with low TAC. If it just contains a bunch of other cannabinoids then that is ideal.

2 Likes

We are remediating by oxidation degradation. No pH adjustments were made to this material. Once you see the COA for the darker vape you’ll be like…that makes perfect sense XD. The lighter material is a combination of THC free heads and a full spectrum distillate just to dilute the CBD potency.

1 Like

Have you ever sent in your remediated cbd for a mass spec analysis on possible byproducts produced by your degradation product? I have done this for curiosity and the chromatogram is usually very noise and has a LOT of unknown peaks.

I would be concerned suggesting to customers that it’s safe for inhalation.

2 Likes

We have not. It would be cool to see that chromatogram. Would we have to use something like LC to separate the unknown peaks and send them out for analysis so we can identify what they are?

Has anyone tried using broad spec CBD distillate and CBC at a 1:1 in carts? Seems like it would be a good solution to crystallization…

1 Like

It’s a great solution. But as you know the price point is high for cbc and people in this industry try to find the most affordable way to do it. Sadly in the process they disregard safety and quality. So you are left with $600 degraded kilos of 50-60% cbd.

It’s a lot easier to degrade your thc into unknown by products and you can do it at a scale of however big your biggest reactor or boiling flask is.

VS

Remediation by chromatography which increases potency and removes more impurities but is very expensive to scale up and requires a lot of solvent recovery equipment and larger max allowable quantities of solvent in each room if you have any intention to do any volume.

3 Likes

Idk why ppl don’t do cbda and cbd

Cbda is becoming more readily available

Or even cbn

5 Likes

Has somebody tried to add d10 THC to CBD Disti? I read some time ago, that it is great to ihibit crystalization, even at 10% amount

1 Like

But thank you all for the insight. That’s one reason I enjoy this community and receiving constructive criticism to create a better product. Knowing the information brought up by @thesk8nmidget there is no way we can use this product for vapes.

2 Likes

Because it’s still more expensive and requires care to pull off.