Crystal Resistant Distillate for Vapes Carts

So happy to hear that. I know @kcalabs is in the process to get methods dialed in to test for by products. I would suggest reaching out to them and seeing how they could help.

looks amazing

:upside_down_face: you need a more quality no leak cart

So I twisted the tops and pressed down harder and it sealed another 1/8th turn.

I didnā€™t try it until you said something @bbtank-STEVE-LIN

Iā€™ll throw that cart as user error. Thanks for the free troubleshooting.

first thing came up to my mind is that cart seal ring is not qualified. defect rate less 2% is acceptable. Otherwise your supplier short something on the carts.

Does one need 50% CBC, or could one prevent crystallization with less CBC (e.g, 20-25% CBC)?

you want less than 60% cbd. The other 40% should be made up of cannabinoids and terpenes.

This is 80% Total Cannabinoids, wonā€™t crystallize even if I try

No diluent, no terps necessary, but tastes better with some hemp terpsā€¦ machine still down currently, so canā€™t wait to get more CO2 terps soon hopefully :pray:

2 Likes

How does a formulation like that handle half the cart getting vaped, then it sitting for a few weeks? Still no nucleation?

1 Like

Nope, 33% CBD just wonā€™t do it, not seen enough decarb to convert much- maybe by the end if you use a high temp battery, but they stay viscous as far as we can tell

1 Like

Are you able to produce this at scale?

We can do a kg in a few days, pretty booked atm but dm me and I can put you in touch with the sales and schedule coordinator. Otherwise, the simple answer is sort of sometimes lol

In my hands it is not that simple. I see crystalization after 3-5 weeks when I dissolve, mix, and put the following into carts; I store the carts at room temperature, in the dark.

1. 50% CBD isolate
  2. 40% Other cannabinoid isolates (e.g., CBG, CBN, CBC, CBL, CBV)
  3. 10% cannabis-derived terpenes (Shout out to @drjackhughes @HiFiTerpenes)

I have seen the above mix crystallize with all three of the batches I have made thus far. For each of the three batches I paid a bit more attention to getting all the isolates fully dissolve before mixing them well. All components were added by weight, so the percentages above are correct (or extremely close to it).

Let me know if anyone has any guidance here.

2 Likes

I have had a little bit of luck doing

40% cbd isolate
40% cbg isolate
~10% terps
10% mct

This isnā€™t a product I will take to market, just toying around with formulations, but I think if both the cbg and cbd are below 40% it should work pretty well. I am looking for something to substitute in for the mct that isnā€™t a cut. CBC and CBN are promising, but are at a restrictive price point- most retail consumers would rather just pay less for something cut than a higher quality cart, sadly.

Iā€™m hoping to get my hands on some compliant, or close to compliant, CBDa or CBGa and experiment with those. Ideally Iā€™d like a cart that is THC free though.

2 Likes

Like this ???

3 Likes

Yeah you selling that?

Have you considered using some cannabis-derived distillate ā€œheadsā€ instead of over-the-counter medium-chain triglycerides (MCT)? My best guess is that these ā€œheadsā€ contain a larger amount of cannabis-derived long-chain triglycerides and a smaller amount of cannabis-derived MCTs. Perhaps you can grab a cannabis ā€œheadsā€ fraction that does not have much color or smell.

or these ???

CANNA-VENTURES OF WV CBDa Shatter - T000118769 Potency.pdf (166.8 KB) Shatter CBDa101520.pdf (102.9 KB)

2 Likes

You are crushing it. Nice coas.

2 Likes

Very Nice!

1 Like