CRC taste like shit change my mind

My man! You know what’s up! :metal:

2 Likes

Twisted

1 Like

What does acidic hash taste like??? And who else mentioned this above??

2 Likes

Not you my man.

1 Like

We’ve done the debating and reasoning. You apparently weren’t here for it.

You are consumer, uneducated in the process.

I’ll stay out of it for now…Im not going to put energy into educating a custy

9 Likes
1 Like

This is all I’m trying to say. Just highlighting the need to prewash your media.

I agree I am a consumer but try attacking my experiment/arguement instead of my credibility as a "consumer. "If you look at the sites guidelines that’s the 2nd lowest type of response above name calling.https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/3X/2/0/201cc29c80fb6621533f00cf459d41fbfc74c258.png

1 Like

Read on the forum my dude. Much of what your asking has been covered at length across many threads.

We have already held this lesson. Use the search function.

4 Likes

The issue with the experiment is only that dry loading onto a paper filter is not the same as loading onto a sintered disk. with the paper filter you have to “set” the filter by allowing loose powder at the bottom to pull through, then move it back to the top by recycling the ethanol through. With a sintered disk, the disk itself is staged in the same way that the filter cake you make in the buchner works, so you do not need to worry about most powders pulling through, and if you have a powder that does like to pull through, you can first put a layer of a larger micron powder on first to catch the fines.

3 Likes

I like your name. Ya if you mix ethonal with powers the pour the paper should catch all

This could be why your CRC tasted like boof :laughing:

1 Like

Im not a chemist as we all know … In my eyes…
CRC is the use of powders to remove unwanted " stuff "
If you filter the CRC correctly it should not add to the solution ?
So the bad CRC taste people speak of can only be a bad filtration process, allowing what ever was in the CRC media to pass through the the collection vessel.

Is this thinking correct ?
Reason i think it is because of the chromatography people do in columns with no pressure, isnt it the same silica you use in CRC ?

2 Likes

I think it was just too much media or a bad choice of it compared to the biomass used. They acknowledged the issue and are working on changing the blend to promote flavor over clarity

1 Like

What do you think the odds are that no one in your circle grows without diatomaceous earth. That shit poses the same threat, and it is WIDELY used in all sorts of agriculture… including cannabis. I know several growers who use it, and inherently there would be the potential of it making into an extract.

I will agree with you that you should pre wash AND then clean your collection to get to a point where your filter is running fully clean and is primed for use. But for most people that would be common sense… which we all know how common that can be here.

edit: CRC wouldn’t necessarily be the culprate, but the scapegoat to POOR post-processing. Heating and converting specific terpenes can produce a ‘sour’ smelling profile, so I wouldn’t just attribute it to the filtration… there are way more variables.

2 Likes

Shit, I spray DE and soluble silica on my plants lol

3 Likes

CRC or nah?

4 Likes

Light crc?

2 Likes

this is the kind of thing i am trying to achieve! the market is going harder every day on turning away anything that isnt bright yellow or pale gold. Since the beginning i have only wanted to let the plant’s personality shine through. She does all the work while she is growing. im just trying to accentuate her quality attributes. im mostly running cured trim on a daily basis, some strains just turn out pale yellows and golds on their own. i deal with a few that just dont want to come out light but the flavors are always wonderful. im being pressured by the market to make everything look the same and im afraid the personality of the plants might be lost in all this. im just trying to lighten up the dark strains but i dont know what crc media to use… im old school and im bummed lol… why cant people shop with their nose and not their eyes…

2 Likes

word is that dude died of silicosis of the lungs

4 Likes