CRC media making it through 1um sintered disc?

Hey yall. Has anyone had an issue with media making it through your filters? If so what prevents that? Two sig inch 5um sintered discs at the base of my CRC column and a 1um filter with a 2um filter paper above and im still ending up with white media in my final product. It is extremely frustrating. Any tips? I will post more pictures when I get to the lab! :camera:

Try putting some sort of (cotton?) pad at the bottom, I think there are some jokes about tampon filters in the CRC thread.

8 Likes

Don’t use the scented ones

4 Likes

Felt filter sheeting actually…

5 Likes

I was trying to lead a horse to water instead of spooning it in :wink:

10 Likes

Dang. I fucked it up.

7 Likes

So… you’re having trouble with CRC media making it past your filters.

You’re sure you’re not the only one…but instead of typing your query into the search box and looking at the dozens of threads on the subject, you post it and ask others to do your work.

There are more effective ways of using this resource…

Pasting your entire thread title in the search box only pulls up one other hit, but simplifying it to Search results for 'CRC 1um sintered disc' - Future4200 gives plenty of useful information.

Including the tricks of the trade thread where felt filter @ExTek90 hinted at can be found.

If you put a little effort into your search query, you’ll find there are dozens of places this has been addressed.

11 Likes

The title says 1um sintered disc but the post says

I assume sig=6
Are the sintered discs flat on the bottom of the column? Stacked on each other? Are they on top of a filter plate? How do you stop them from moving around? How many psi are you running?

What are we looking at in this picture? If this column is after your CRC it looks like you had a serious blowout not just a leak. Your filters probably came unseated. Are you using the janky ones with the green oring around them?

You have to be very careful to never have positive pressure (psi) push back from the bottom of the CRC filter all kinds of bad things can/will happen. I pull thru the CRC with my recovery now to avoid any backpressure.

3 Likes

Do you bypass at all during runs? For pulling vac, bleeding, etc?

To what end?

I always feel like the spoon thing is a bit of posturing. Like “look at how cool and cryptic I can be! I can gloat amd let you know I know but not actually be of assistance like this forum was designed for”

You win 5 ego points. Woulda been 10 if you used the spoon emoji like the rest of the cool kids.

4 Likes

Check the b80 discussion thread just posted my filter setup for no media pass through

3 Likes

Celite patty as base followed by your choice of mixed medias.

2 Likes

doubls ur filter papers so the ring fits super right…i use about 1inch de

1 Like

To the end that people using the website actually use it correctly instead of creating a brand new thread to discuss something that has already been answered. If the new people here learn to use the site correctly, they’ll have a much better time here.

These threads clutter up the site with useless banter like what you and I are having, instead of OP just using the search function as @cyclopath suggested.

6 Likes

Maybe a big ol search bar or different color so it stands out… or a ask the almighty tab to encourage the use of the search bar

7 Likes

:+1:t2:We could make it light up and break dance. Maybe we could add a little caption that says click me before you make a thread.

As long as you’re not using a shit phone you should be able to load it quickly

What do you think @sidco

3 Likes

maybe it should be where everyone but regulars are asked ,did you search for this before posting?
please remember to search for the answers before posting?

4 Likes

I think a big blank section with a search bar like google is set up. The threads can be right under once you scroll down a bit

4 Likes

that would look sexy imo…then pin globally for all a do not post until you’ve throughly searched and used the search bar

you give badge for using the search bar frequently @Future and problem solved lmao

4 Likes

Have you ever told someone to “Google It” instead of giving the full descriptive answer to what said someone asked? If you have then you know why we say use the search bar. It’s because there’s answers already here. If there was no answers we’d be in full nerd mode and would have no need to tell the OP to use the search bar.

:wink:

1 Like