CRC media making it through 1um sintered disc?

Lol I’m a big fan of this one:

3 Likes

Why use Carbon in the first place?

1 Like

I used that on @Blunt recently for asking me a silly question. He loved it

3 Likes

I thought everybody stopped using DE last year. It doesnt seem to do anything for me in the end product.

I stopped using silica (and more specifically DE) all together in the CRC. First i went all b80 now im all w1/w2. Under the dewax I put ultraclear or crx or aa - something grainy to catch the wax- and then to the CRC with w1. My last filter pack of w1 (450-500g) lasted 5 runs before the color suffered. Each run was 5# or more whole plant biomass. I just wanted to see how far it would go. Also i change the grainy media every run but that i also let the ultraclear go 3 runs before I think there might been less filtering happening

Thank you @Waxplug1

3 Likes

I don’t use DE either.

My go to is b80, running isobutane ran as cold as possible.

.33-.6 cups per lb

2 Likes

Did u ever use de? Or silica? Did u notice a difference?

1 Like

I used de first couple runs with crc.
Never used silica.
I noticed No difference.

1 Like

Ive been looking into these thimbles. I have some coming to test out. I was thinking of making a short version that would fit in the gap between the bottom of the crc plate and the reducer to catch any fines that made it through

It would basically be a thick flanged filter paper

5 Likes

Looks pretty cool. U think it will be better than the felt filter sheets?

I had some issues with the 4" v2 indofab filter (2um) letting fines thru. I switched to a 3" spool with a (1um) dutch weave and matching gasket from BVV - it changed the whole game for me. Since then I have NEVER seen fines get thru. Ive done at least 20 runs with the dutch weave.

I pack the powder right on the filter and to clean it i fill it (upside down) with alcohol from the bottom and let it soak thru once or twice. Then i rinse with distilled water and dry with a heat gun on low.

4 Likes

They will be 3mm thick and have a lip that goes up .5" to fit perfectly inside/under the crc plate gap. You can add a 1um paper filter inside the thimble for added security. With so much hate on crc out there rn and how theres “silica dust” in it…its better if we make the process safer by adding extra steps of security to ensure no fines make it through. Im with you i dont see any go through however i have seen them go through in some cases when there is high pressure(80-110psi) nitro assist used. When we stayed at 45-60psi no fines made it through

2 Likes

guess I missed the memo

1 Like

I got a a bag of it from @Killa12345 and when I ran out i stopped using it. I never looked back

3 Likes

I run 20-30psi i get super fast flow if i dont throttle it back and every now and then ill burp the collection. My collection is 12x12 maybe if u have a smaller collection u need more PSI?

My collection stays under 5psi from start to finish. I even run heat thru the collection jacket as the collection fills up about 80-85°F to get it to pop. Then the recovery condenses the vapors and keeps it around 0psi from there on out. If it starts to go up from N assist, the distillation will slow. I just burp the pressure off the recovery tank and it speeds back up again.

3 Likes

Try a coarse grind!

Free Media Sample Link

Let me know what you think!