Crc diamonds hot jar tek

Yeah mine was just terp soup. Threw it in pyrex under heat and vac and here comes the large growth?! Gotta be the terps fudging the effective solvent ratio

1 Like

thatā€™s honestly my best betā€¦ Iā€™ve been having the same problem, no nucleation for quite a while on my recent runs. I get impatient after 2 weeks and just purge it, then start dabbing it. About 2 weeks later it starts to sugar up and form some stones. My thoughts are the repeated opening of the jar to allow some terps to evap will reduce to the proper saturation point for the THCA to start separating.

Iā€™ve tried leaving more solvent, leaving some solvent, vac purging to remove all solvent, and get the same results no matter what. Iā€™m going to assume itā€™s coming from the material that Iā€™ve been growing better lately.

Another thing I havenā€™t seen mentioned but Iā€™ve been running into lately.

Sap balls on flowers.

How do these react during extraction. Will the hydrocarbons dissolve this? I assume itā€™s plant sugars coming out but Iā€™m not 100% on what it actually is.

If I think back to when I started running into problems getting nucleation to start, it was around the same time I started noticing these sap balls on my buds, and the flowers are so much stickier and terpy than before. Could this be extracting as well and interfering with nucleation?

2 Likes

My Liberty haze made those sap balls all the time made the most beautiful THCa diamonds youā€™ve ever seen or sugar

1 Like

good to hear, I can probably write that thought off then :v:

1 Like

Usually heavy terps will force sugaringā€¦

But Iā€™ve had couple buddies have issues out lemon strains. I wasnā€™t there to confirm they did everything right but they would never turn. Tons variables w age material the biggest and temp extracted

1 Like

Itā€™s probably 5% cbd

3 Likes

yeah itā€™s generally lemon dominant strains that do this. Iā€™ve recently been throwing a lemon plant in with the mix that I run, so maybe thatā€™s causing things.

I know when I first started making diamonds, I was running OGā€™s and very earthy terp profile strains. Those would form rocks within 24 hours every time.

Iā€™m also waiting a month after harvest before I run usually. The material gets dried then just goes into jars. I wouldnā€™t think the THCA would be too much lower with this storage method but who knows. Have to experiment with the variables that have changed since I got my new system set up.

5 Likes

I had some material that came out really black red, I reran and put through CRC. But no matter what saturation I had it would melt my seed stones. I would keep adding couple every week and would almost melt instantly. I know wasnā€™t tane bc wouldnā€™t react opening the jar anymore I tried so long would never go

Could high CBD do this or high terps w all the thca already converted bc old do this to seeds?

3 Likes

What temperature is the jar hitting

2 Likes

Was months agoā€¦80-85f. It would melt stones no matter what. Made perfect vapes lol. After 2 months I called it

3 Likes

Mendo breath? it wont crystallize for nada, i get some sand to settle, but it goes away, I whip and whip and its just wet, I have other jars in with it, other strains that are forming good?
i ran n butane on sluury, tank,coil,column,
I only went to 90f in the oven, should I ramp it up ?
Itā€™s super fire , danky,

3 Likes

Dudeā€¦ eat themā€¦ soooooo good. Best terp flavor

2 Likes

Idk about ā€œinterferingā€ per say but certainly requires a different tek with terp levels that high. I think it would make great diamonds in a jar but this is supposed to be the fast tekā€¦ which is why its a little frustrating. idk its like a this pyrex is like a citrus factory! smalll facets forming so ill just let ride. slow growth is often the best. but id like to dial a faster tek for stubborn solutionsā€¦

1 Like

Only thing Iā€™ve ever heard working is more heat, even more. But thatā€™s double edge sword

Other than seeds of course

2 Likes

I did seed. I donā€™t mind going hotter, shits pretty damn light already! im gonna send it, wtf, why not!

1 Like

U seeded itā€¦and nothing happened after how long? Seed still there?

2 Likes

na i think it melted. hold on ill get a pic of it now

1 Like

If it melted, probably to much solvent.

Maybe originallyā€¦

Been full vac now for a cpl days. Straight up terp soup some of the best concentrates Iā€™ve ever smelled. And if you know me at all Iā€™m more critical of my product than any consumer.

11 Likes

@Apothecary36 would CBD melt stones?

This is what was happening to me in jar that I know wasnā€™t solvent , his has been on vac which might hender or slow growth though really

2 Likes