CRC active butane falling film open source

Right, this is much different then ethanol.

Absolutely weā€™re also not trying to max out the evaporator to its limit

1 Like

Iā€™m slightly concerned about the size of your line heading to the top of the condenser.

Im thinking running a 2-3ā€ jacketed mol-sieve in line from the bottom of the evaporator vertically to the condenser. The main reason would be to cut down on the velocity of the line, you could potentially suck oil into the line

1 Like

Hi,
The purpose of having tray is to evenly distribute the feed stock, it also prevents drops from falling down the center of the tubes. Liquid holdup can be a concern, so the tubes would have protrude a minimal amount.

you may end up with the smaller tubes flooding, the idea is to have the liquid run in a thin film down the inside of the tubes. If the tubes are too small you will end up with bubbles of vapor spitting the feed stock back up the tube.

Yes, this method does work, it is used in more basic designs.
watch this video and see how the feed is directed, you can see the distribution tray places the stream of liquid between the holes in the headsheet.

4 Likes

any luck on finding a spray nozzle

I am using the cone style about to be running soon will update when I have more info

3 Likes

Where did you find it at?

Amazon lol Iā€™ll post a link

beduan 1/4" Male Spiral Coneā€¦ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGPD3GB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is definitely my next big project

2 Likes

Iā€™ll work out the kinks for you :wink:

3 Likes

go time baby

1 Like

you and i both lol

1 Like

Should be getting the last piece here soon so I am embark on this adventure :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

hell yeah keep us postedā€¦

i wonder if swage has something like thisā€¦ and im curious as to which would spray better. the 1/4 or 3/8. my guess would be the 1/4? and maybe you could just weld this to the underside of the lid

1 Like

Yes you could totally weld in it to the top cap, I opted to have a 1/4 fnpt fitting welded into the top so I can experiment with different nozzles

4 Likes

even better

1 Like

Has anyone found a good sprayer for a mist cone to hit the walls of the collection vessel spool on the way down? I am looking at bete just wasnā€™t sure where to start was hoping someone has found a good one to use. @Waxplug1 @downtheterphole

4 Likes

BETE L48 is the one on waxā€™s ig account. I havenā€™t ordered and tried it yet but I be wanted to make the jump. He has some info there about it.

2 Likes

There was a corkscrew design that bizzy hadā€¦

I remember @Intergalactic had @Soxhlet weld him a npt fitting to the inside of a top cap for his falling film.

Maybe theyā€™ll have some insight

4 Likes