CRC active butane falling film open source

Glacier is fulfilling orders right now

2 Likes

Where are you buying the mister/sprayer for the hemi lid?

Use a small orfice to shoot a jet of solvent on to a radiused or cone shaped piece. Orfices are off the shelf available. Tig weld the cone or whatever suspended in front of the stream of solvent coming out of the center of the hemi cap.

I have some tig projects to get around to…we can hook up a pressure washer to a hemi cap and play with spray patterns one day. Backyard engineering on quarantine…

7 Likes

That’s the golden ticket… I need to look tonight but I am open for recommendations

2 Likes

I was thinking orifice with a cone and I know they sell them like that just need to go through my ffe notes

1 Like

There is this style that bizzy uses image

4 Likes

If you did some shit like the caps I machined…where you could have multiple valves, at angles, all shooting through orfices on to something suspended in the tube to create your desired pattern? I imagine multiple injection sites would offer more even coverage unless you really dialed in the single center port.

Pic of the three port 3" cap.

The one you just posted looks like a much more simple solution.

4 Likes

I am afraid that it favor the outside tubes in the evaporators and not the inner ones

2 Likes

And honesty, the spray pattern doesn’t have to be perfect. I just over think shit.

Could you add a baffle of some sort to help favor the neglected tubes?

If we see the spray pattern in this picture I think my theory is correct it will favor the outside tubes

1 Like

@downtheterphole @Kingofthekush420

1 Like

correct. this nozzle has terrible line of sight issues.

1 Like

Any recommendations? @downtheterphole

How thick is the tube sheet face of the heat exchanger? What if you hand worked a dish into its face, so that solvent that is present on the surface has a natural tendency to go to center to better feed those tubes?

If the joint is swaged and the tube sheet is thick enough, you could chamfer the ID on the tubes you want more feed on. You’d just be trying to direct liquid butane to the other tubes the sprayer didn’t get to by adding some basic geometry on the face of the heat exchanger.

I’m just spitballing from the hospital room. I’ve been sitting here for a few days and I’m bored lll

4 Likes

try for even flow down each tube wall

1 Like

I think the original idea suggested a single 3" tube for his evaporator and not a shell I tube style heat exchanger like your FFE uses. @downtheterphole

Actually it is a tube in shell evaporator scooby!
@ScoobyDoobie

2 Likes

I don’t know unfortunately how thick the top is the tubes are connected too, and the tubes are approximately .035 thick

1 Like

Oop i oughta learn to read better. :zipper_mouth_face:

Dont you think you’ll have problems with the extract making some bubbles form in the tubes?

1 Like

Yes hoping the solvent that is rushing down will push it through

2 Likes