Copper turned my dabs black!

Yes I have used some metal chelating resins on the small scale from cold ethanol extracted cannabis solutions for heavy metal remediation.

3 Likes

Or just walk into the sketchiest gas station you can find. They are sure to have some chore boy.

Fair warning, they will think you are smoking crack

3 Likes

Just DON’T buy a rose
rose

2 Likes

Fascinating! Did you have issues regenerating the resins in ethanol? Were you using a filter or column

We were having to do like 7 column volumes large scale of an acid,neutral, base, then neutral then buffered solution. It was very time consuming.

Heavy metals get removed during distillation so it was just more of a fun experiment but not practical if I want to regenerate… Like you said there are a lot of solutions used to wash them.

I’m looking for a resin that will catch sugars and other potential water solubles so I can avoid having to go a hexane/saline wash or other technique to clean up prior to distillation.

1 Like

just a reg cheap non choir boy copper scrubber turned alcohol black. No resin

Did you clean it thoroughly before @FrozenCaveMan? If so what were the steps you took to do so?

Have you checked out what Dow has in that regard?

I know the technique can be done for separating simpler sugars from larger sugars. But you need some trial and error under your belt.

Lol this happened to me once I was like ooh chore boy and my friend was ex addict so he was like yea they think you’re smoking crack now

2 Likes

I’ve spoken to a few people and the response I get is “try to identify the sugar molecules first”. So I’ve sent out a sample of my extract for sugar identification. We’ll see what kind of response I get when I have the known ID of the molecules present.