Cookies launched their "THCa" store. What am I missing here?

How can they schedule a drug though without going through the proper proceedings to do so? I can see there being alot of push back if they try to schedule d8 and such without doing binding studies, especially with precedents set by higher courts. I cant think of a single drug off the top of my head that was scheduled through the house/senate.

Maybe you can shine some light on this for me

Please share the draft of the new farm bill when you get it please

Interesting that you feel this way. Almost all drugs have been scheduled by the legislature under the controlled substances act. Which “schedule” they are placed on goes through the regulatory process you describe, but being on the schedule and therefore controlled by the DEA - that’s Congress.

Similar to how things were “descheduled” in the Farm Bill of 2018 - its that simple to put them back on. Which schedule they land on, that’s the DEA process you are thinking about.

And honestly - we’ve been trying to get the DEA to be reasonable in its assessment of cannabinoids for generations. The most recent attempt to do this was back in 2016 and it failed. Its happening again right now, and its not looking like descheduling, its looking like rescheduled to something - which still requires prescriptions, keeps cannabinoids as “drugs” and under the control of the FDA.

No one wants that. That’s just what its looking like.

I’m currently advocating for a new office of cannabinoid control. I’m asking for rescheduling or descheduling to something similar to nicotine. I’m asking for clearer regulations regarding interstate commerce of these products (which is currently illegal, but not being well enforced).

Its very messy on capital hill. Most of the freshman don’t give a fuck about our industry and know very little. And the ones that do know are pretty firm in their camps - and their camps don’t seem to include being reasonable. :frowning:

14 Likes

if i lived or had a relative in one of those 14 states i would buy a couple grams just to see whats up.

im also really curious how people are making diamonds from .3% flower. i have a cousin growing .2% hemp and i would love to be able to make diamonds out of that. if anyone can direct me towards more info on that, that would be much appreciated.

The lower the d9thc the better. You make diamonds out of d9thca not d9thc

2 Likes

If you go by the court ruling in the DEA vs IHA case over hemp seeds they say hemp was never scheduled to begin with MJ and synthetic equivalents of MJ were which is why the dea cant control hemp seeds even though they could contain thc

I definitely feel that there will be lots of push back and court cases if they really try to change things too much but we will have to see what happens

“And so they can: in keeping with the definitions of drugs controlled under Schedule I of the CSA, the Final Rules can regulate foodstuffs containing natural THC if it is contained within marijuana, and can regulate synthetic THC of any kind. But they cannot regulate naturally-occurring THC not contained within or derived from marijuana — i.e., non-psychoactive hemp products — because non-psychoactive hemp is not included in Schedule I. The DEA has no authority to regulate drugs that are not scheduled, and it has not followed procedures required to schedule a substance.”

2 Likes

Sure. There’s always people suing. There’s like 45 active cases in the federal courts about all this stuff right now. People love to sue and spend money on lawyers and stuff.

Just try to remember that what they can give they can take away. Its not as hard as people seem to think it is. Just ask all those women out there having unwanted babies right now. All those doctors and clinics getting sued over “changes” all over the country. They can really do whatever the fuck they want and in the time it takes to sue the fuck out of them (in this case with hemp its already been over 5 years for most of this stuff, and its still not resolved…) many businesses will fail.

Again - recall that the reason “hemp” isn’t in the schedule was a legislative change followed on by a regulatory update by the DEA. That same change can go the other way. They do this stuff all the time - look at all the ingredients for methamphetamines (a legal schedule II drug substance).

I know there’s lots of people who think this gives them more than it does. But really - if they decide not to include “hemp provisions” in the Farm Bill 2023 (no one has said that… but they “could”) then those laws excluding hemp from the CSA would go away. They can change whatever they want. And you should 100% be telling them often and loudly why they shouldn’t. And pointing to the courts doesn’t really matter to them, as much as it seems to matter to you.

Cause they make the laws and let the chips fall where they may and the courts will settle it over the next decade.

I know its weird to think that the DEA just enforces the laws that Congress makes, but that’s also the truth. -shrug-

8 Likes

Sorry if you mentioned this as a possibility and I missed it, but there’s a high likelihood that there’s a ~6 month extension on the current farm bill as current negotiations are delayed.

1 Like

@durr … it’s fucking weed. At 25+% thca

11 Likes

so are you basically saying just look for the seeds with the lowest d9thc we can find?

No. Just be gentle with your weed. Or have it tested by someone incompetent.

Most cannabis will pass the 0.3% thc at harvest. So long as you don’t follow the specified testing methods that convert the 25+% thca to thc

7 Likes

yeah but i’ve seen THCA diamonds sold on various websites and I was told this was made from .2% thc hemp. are they just lying?

Yes, there are no high THCa hemp varieties and nobody is concentrating the THCa from real hemp

5 Likes

ah ok, dont mind me im borderline retarded a lot of the time

2 Likes

Depends on your definitions.

We tested it at less than 0.3% thc…

May well be true.

it therefore meets the definition of hemp, even though we didn’t follow the specified test procedure

Is a stretch imo.

:popcorn:

6 Likes

tbh im mainly interested because hemp is legal in a certain european country and i have a cousin out there growing it with seeds provided by the country, the legal limit is .2% thc, and if people are making diamonds out of .2% thc hemp then thats an SOP id actually be willing to pay for.

kinda seems like people are just using a loophole because of the difference between THC and THCa though?

1 Like

The push back is going to be when custies get criminal charges for possesion and selling it. Cookies is a big enough brand that its going to create a major headache for them. May be the straw that breaks gilberts back

8 Likes

Correct.

Crystallization of thca from plants where thca is not the predominant cannabinoid is non-trivial at best (impossible may be a stretch).

4 Likes

i need to look into the country’s laws and see if the language is the same/similar. maybe contact a lawyer out there because the way im looking at it is like an untapped gold mine.

I’m guessing this is a motivation for Cookies’ recent moves. Develop a business that conforms to the letter of the law, so they have standing to fight against any future changes. I just don’t know how they pulled it off.

Of all members you should know better
Two steps first take out the cbd-a with reagent A then winterize then add reagent B to grab all the thc-a
Is it worth it depends probably not at thc-a content of less than 0.6% in the extract but possible very much so

5 Likes