Conversion Liters and full D9

Anyone have any good tips to being able to tell the difference between a conversion liter (some d8 some d9) and a full d9 liter not produced from cbd isolate. Without obtaining a lab test is a bit hard to tell as coversion liters can also be darker as well as clear

1 Like

D8 liters and d8 mixes are extraordinarily hard (the dumb video poke test) as compared to d9 from type I cannabis sources. The color tends to be darker because people don’t give a damn when making bho crude.

5 Likes

gotcha thanks, so d9 would be a little sticky if i poke my tool into it, as d8 would kind of chip correct?

Loosely, sure. Obviously nothing beats analytics of any kind. For the at home or low budget user a simple TLC would suffice to really check the number of constituent compounds.

3 Likes

High purity d9 will pass this test too, actually how some people verify it.

D9 will have minors, d8 won’t

5 Likes

Not true, I know groups using cbd distillate getting 85-90 TAC. Those liters have cbg in them.

3 Likes

So, what might we think this means?

Looks like a d8/d9 mix to me.

5 Likes

I figured as much; if it was more d9 would I expect to see it be more loose/saucy?

1 Like

Again, its impossible to infer with any confidence what it is based off of what it does when you poke it but in my experience soft d9 would be more stringy, it looks like what you got is hard enough to pull up a stable ribbon. Some of the d8 I’ve personally touched, I can press a spatula into it and nothing sticks to the tool. Endangered is correct as well, high purity, well extracted d9 is hard af at room temp too. I feel like I’m misleading people now trying to explain something you really just need a feel for (but I have a GC on hand so I never have to guess :/)

6 Likes

I can see why you come to that conclusion, I would only add that myself and others I’m sure, appreciate the varied viewpoints and perspectives.

3 Likes

Depending on your starting material and prep, you can really make hard or soft distillate, even being within a few of one another.

There’s not really a lot in the way of hard fast rules.

3 Likes

What factors affect the malleability?

I’m really curious to see how the market will respond to conversions becoming more and more prominent and how technology will develop to access the quality of these products-

The Innovation on this type of stuff is incredible-

1 Like

Doesnt everyone agree d9 prices will crash soon?

I don’t know about that. D9 is certainly coming down in price and has been since these converted liters have been on the market.

I’m seeing real d9 stay a pretty steady price trying to buy it. Liters with coa I’m seeing around 3200-3600 to purchase. Coa has no d8 in it which is usually the red flag for a conversion.

Conversions I’m hearing under $1000 at this point. I recall the last price quote I got was 700 or 800 a liter.

I think we will see people want non conversions and pay a slightly higher price for the piece of mind that it was strictly extracted and distilled rather converted

Just my opinion as a customer.

7 Likes

So the new pot of gold for hemp shitheads is cbd converted to D9 with NDT D8?

Convoluted. Nightmare.

3 Likes

id imagine that will be the next goal. I know the person i buy my head stash disty from WILL NOT buy a liter if the COA has d8 on it furthermore…has it retested to make sure even the COA is legit…

i know from talking to the plug…these real d9 liters are harder and harder to find. sometimes taking a month or more to find a product that meets his criteria

understand this is FL and liters arent just everywhere on the streets…

6 Likes

Bro what are you talking about?

32 Likes