CONTEST: Post Processing Clear Tech Hydrocarbon Contest Prizes to the winner!

Nice man. Media filtering for the tails remediation?

Lol, i have the lowest vac depths and distillation tempsā€¦ not the craziest colors in volumnā€¦ what i can do in cart size with just distillation is the real gold for meā€¦ pun intendedā€¦ filtering through powders has been my bane foreverā€¦ only with my recent setup have i considered it

7 Likes

Yes sir, t-5, celite 545. I washed t5 in carboy and let it sit for 30 mins and then patty celite and t-5 and then place filter paper on top and pour with additional vac help. I did this 3 times.

1 Like

Nice, i havent tried the t-5 stuff yet. All i have is the achrom and t-41 with carbon to play with.

Actually if memory serves me right , the one on the right is t-41 instead of t-5

2 Likes

I had the company tel me they had high heavy metals I used that to clean and you can see that itā€™s clearer with t-41 and celite compared to t-5

I thought the t41 was some percentage AC, doesnā€™t AC hold onto Thca?

With butane i prefer t41 over t5. I have achieved water clear results using t41, not so good with t5

3 Likes

I actually dont have access to butane or propane at allā€¦ i usually have people do all that for meā€¦

1 Like

Nice, im going to do a batch today using ACā€¦ then do the same material through the same amount of t-41 and see what i get.

3 Likes

I believe you are correct. I have tried to mix ac and t5 together at 3,5,10% but couldnt achieve the same results. 10% left me with next to no return

1 Like

Great idea!

Iā€™ll edit the OP when I get home to reflect the @shadownaught powders I have to give away.

We should separate this into some different categories.

THCa

1. Butane/Propane extraction, scrubbed inline before any solvent is recovered

2. Ethanol extract prior to decarb, LLE is acceptable

D9-THC

1. Anything post decarb, to include distillation, but canā€™t be D8
12 Likes

10% AC ruined your thca yield? Just to clarify.

1 Like

I meanā€¦ i could just run some first oass down a magsil column and get water clear second passā€¦ but i think ruling out distillation may make it challenging.

2 Likes

With butane ac steals all, same with hardwood carbon. Got nothing but terps a couple accusations playing with ac and carbon

1 Like

Did you follow your material with fresh fuel? Ive never had that working with ethanol and carbonā€¦ but i have seen what youre talking aboht with carbon. Though they didnt follow their column with morw butane to push it out

1 Like

Not sure i follow what you are talking about. Is this going to be taking an old slab/bho extract and scrubbing it?

Id really like to have a category for people that have purged black slabs that redissolve in hydrocabons and fitler afterwards.

This could be something that really benefits us all. We then can just run crude. Remedy the whole batch afterwards. Could be a big cost saving to everyone as packing the powders inline is a pain in the ass and can get expensive per run.

I think we all have this inlineā€¦most of us can make clear slabs inlineā€¦most of us have the SOP for this tech too.

6 Likes

With heptane ive just been doing it after my water washesā€¦ before removing the heptaneā€¦ goes into second pass with no tailsā€¦ its great

2 Likes

I pushed about 7lbs of tane through .5lbs of material.

The carbon run i put way to much carbon in it. And had worst material i had ever seen. Got terps only

1 Like