CONTEST: Post Processing Clear Tech Hydrocarbon Contest Prizes to the winner!

Send me some and I’ll try it out, lol

Activated alumina. What is the difference between activated alumina and alumina oxide?

2 Likes

Activated alumina is aluminum oxide that has been treated to form a porous structure so that it lends itself to adsorption better (more capacity).

6 Likes

He doesn’t make it. Hence the same “summit”

2 Likes

@Killa12345 How about potency testing?

1 Like

I hope everyone is having fun, this technique is pushing the boundaries of processing science.

Every operator involved is stepping in territory normally reserved for big money science like supercritical chromatography.

I started in cannabis oil production and moved to supply chain after a slow transition from technician to what I hope are the makings of a chemist. As we understand the hydrocarbon/absorbent mechanics better, I hope folks from this forum will take the plunge and begin writing scientific publications, even if just an attempt.

Carbon Chemistry, and by definition myself as well, will be available to assist in those publications to the greatest extent possible. Whether that form is materials, introductions, assistance in publishing in ACS or AOCS, etc, there are very few publications that cover what is going on here and that leaves ripe ground for documented discovery.

Just wanted to drop a line and say how rad it has been to watch this whole thing develop…primarily as an old CLS operator and oil processing enthusiast.

Cheers, salut, prost.

20 Likes

I have a way to do it with just solvents. DM me if interested.

4 Likes

How long is this contest for?

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Skinning cats

Extracted some roaches from my ashtray for fun and came out with some pretty oil unfortunately it tastes worse than any ashtray ever could. I used pentane b-80 and t-45 I ran out of silica-60 last week or I think it could be even cleaner.

12 Likes

Omfg that’s gnarly haha

4 Likes

lmfao:rofl::rofl::rofl: you could probably do better on the ashtray challenge I’m really interested to see the results maybe brine and ph wash

4 Likes

Has a winner been chosen?

4 Likes

Judging something like this would be a whole lot easier if you standardized the presentations. I suggest that clarity and color would be better observed if the presentation slabs were re-worked a little bit. I specifically suggest that presentations should be of a 1 inch by 1 inch by 1/2 inch slab. Wafer thin shatter always looks good, but fold it a few times and the clarity and color are more noticeable. Obviously, the total size of the sample slab is not really important, it is getting all the entrants to present the same size and shape, that is. Also, the submission should be back-lit to show the sample in all of its glory. Lets see some pretty little window panes.

2 Likes

Definitely could have done better, I was sitting on the couch with my partner when we decided to try it, the color is nice but man the taste was so bad it all ended up in the trash. No one in the lab would dab it after I threw up.

4 Likes

Took my dawgs shit and made it somewhat better using only b80

13 Likes

Man dog shit it. Was :joy::joy:
How is the taste now :joy: (If you dare to try )

6 Likes

Smooth and clean not bad for what it came from

6 Likes

Anybody have a good method for dissolving in-line with butane WITHOUT clogging your lines

2 Likes

Looks like waxplug1 disolved in his dewax column

1 Like