Consulting: What should one expect from a verified consultant?

@Cheebachiefextracts, you push your consultations pretty hard on here, are you not qualified to be a verified consultant? It seems as if that is your business yet you are not blessed by the forum for being reliable and reputable at your craft?

Just a casual observation…look at your top posts man…

2 Likes

Another disappointed client checking in. Damn @Cheebachiefextracts. When I expressed my dissatisfaction you turned it around on me and told me “your ignorance is getting the better of you.” I’m glad some people have decided to speak up. I honestly was a little embarrassed that I spent money and didn’t get results.

To be fair, he has been good about responding to me. But the results just weren’t there. Glad some people have decided to speak up.

Ultimately, he isn’t verified. And so, I figured I took a chance, lost a little money and time, but it was a a cheap lesson.

3 Likes

Three negs and no positives so far sounds like it might actually be a trend. I imagine it’s hard being a consultant and making sure everyone is satisfied they got what they paid for. Seems real easy to take people’s money and not deliver

3 Likes

Seems like people promising things they can’t deliver is a trend in several facets of this industry, unfortunately.

8 Likes

I’ve turned away numerous people hitting me up from this site to “consult” them up here in New England so I imagine the temptation is there and pretty easy to become a consultant overnight

7 Likes

Once per customer.

I don’t do weed consulting, by most of my business comes from repeat customers, and word of mouth. I can’t afford to have dissatisfied customers.

9 Likes

Didn’t know they were restricted posted the link figuring they’d be available I’ll try to get the to open

I’m guessing you want cbd to d9?

Use argon it’ll increase your yields :wink:

Free tech 101

P.s. if anyone needs any help with anything off the wall feel free to message me

8 Likes

Because you told me I couldn’t prove my science to you yet you never tried to run the sop yourself yet I have many times & have given you picture proof of testing with a shit setup. I still work with you & have been awaiting you to run you test run. You got upset because I wasn’t taking a trip that yourself wasn’t paying for a larger client of yours was going to pay for it & I was fitting you in on the time schedule that I would have been there.

I usually advise argon or n2 mostly n2

N2 is lighter then air so it doesnt push out any oxygen that’s inside a flask since it floats above it

Argon is heavier then air and will sit below oxygen giving you a more complete oxygen free environment

Anytime oxygen sensitivity is key you should use argon

16 Likes

This will do for now can’t figure the links out @Rowan

Not commenting on @Cheebachiefextracts himself.

But this ties in for me back to what I said about how theres too many “consultants” these days. Everyone and their brother who’s done anything in cannabis are calling themselves one.

Just because you’re good at something doesn’t mean you’ll be good at teaching it

Hell, most people arent good at teaching in general. SOPs especially, technical writing is not as straight forward as people think. It needs to be direct, accurate, comprehensive, repeatable, and concise. You’re not just writing a “how to guide”, you’re creating a document for repeatable success.

If you ask me, the world needs to gut at least 80% of the canna “consultants”. @Future at least gave it a shot to get verified people

Consultant =/= “Guy who gets paid to be good at a craft and talk about it”

7 Likes

If I couldn’t garuntee someone what they asked for I would be here posting still. Yes some clients are more inclined on their work than others, many of my clients already understand how to do a conversion but don’t know which sop or catalyst they need to use for directed the analog. Unless they’ve been in a lab day to day for a few years they wouldn’t know what to look for & it’s hard for some to understand an explanation as it’s a very thin line

well said. i have read a few of these “SOPs” and theyre anything but that. its ridiculous to even be using that term.

1 Like

Perhaps it would be a better added step not only verify consultants but verify what they can consult on. It would be extra leg work on @Future part but it could add extra security.

Plus it would be funny to see how many “consultants” only teach things like D8 and basic distillation. Let the people worth their salt get paid to teach

4 Likes

I don’t mean to throw you under the bus. I’m only commenting on what I see in this thread.

I am a consulting non-professional piping engineer in the petrochem and O&G field (basically I Design and layout facilities and plants). So I know what consultants at least in this industry are expected to deliver and perform to throughout the EPC lifecycle of a project. It just seems like the canna industry is going to have to take on a similar approach to how the facilities and processes get design, engineered and constructed from feasibility studies to FEED through construction. Very similar to how any biopharmaceutical facility gets built now days. I realize there is still quite a majority of labs operating at such small scale in comparison so there’s that small niche but that will probably start drying up soon as small time producers go bankrupt and bigger facilities replace them.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure all the verified consultants on here are vetted by the man himself

To be fair I’ve heard a bunch of bad things about that oxone cbn SOP

From my understanding the SOP itself isnt complete as a couple ppl on here have tried it and one blew up there lab.

I havent had a chance to try it yet, we have oxone we just havent tried it yet

1 Like

Is that in the “use at your own risk” section?

I know he vets the consultants personally, I’m saying having a list of verified techniques alongside the title of verified consultant could help people choose one better.

Of course it’s already been pointed out that the person of subject is not one to begin with.

1 Like

That’s why I asked him to message me as I heard of what happened, last thing I hear from him was a potency awaited from testing