Consulting: What should one expect from a verified consultant?

Just head’s up. The individual the OP is speaking of here is NOT a VERIFIED consultant. So it’s really on the OP for employing someone who’s consultant skills we haven’t even vetted :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Jeez… I didn’t even check that.

Use the Verified Consultants its there for a reason

2 Likes

Please. Put. On. Blast.

:popcorn:

3 Likes

Hire a real chemist who is trained academically. Me wc or photon are all good options, there are several others i am sure.

I am not verified because I don’t need to be and All work I do is guaranteed by contract if necessary.

19 Likes

That’s one craft of this side of the industry. What about industrial processing?
Cart making production?
Compliance and regulatory?
Buildouts vs SOP knowledgeable?

Two of the above have a degree that can back those skills.

They have two o industral/process degrees other than myself in here. One actually is a consultant for his retail/innovation business.

I haven’t seen one safety engineer or have all the hazwoper and osha certifications. i know of one civil engineer who is on here that knows this literature throughly.

This starts getting fuzzy if we go this route but that’s why i was thinking if it was a particular tag or something of that nature than this wouldn’t be an issue.

I’m not verified either and also work till the job is done. I feel when consulting this involves sharing a great deal of information while explaining it in logical sense that the client can understand. Some clients just want sops some want a throughly description of the process. This is why i don’t charge by the hour but by the job. I keep it open jic things happen. I figure out there skill set and this is a key factor on rate charge. I don’t leave till I’m comfortable they understand everything they paid me for.

If the consultant can’t explain why’ or how something happens than they shouldn’t be consulting. At the same time using the network they created to find the answer is perfectly acceptable. I tell clients on the first convo if i don’t have an answer I’ll find it for you. I make them aware an sop that’s outsourced and they will be charged by that chemist/operator.

6 Likes

I’m gearing up for HAACP consultations as I have several hundred hours experience writing and implementing HAACP plans for reduced oxygen packaging, fermentation, and dairy processing- the crossover between HAACP and cGMP is vast and as soon as I am confident and successful in implementation of proper cGMP that’ll be part of my portfolio- I’m working with a very talented and knowledgeable compliance officer who currently runs a fully cGMP compliant, ISO accredited and organic cert hemp processing facility to build out a consultation service for regulatory needs in the industry.

If the current bill passes this entire industry will be screaming for cGMP consults. Anyone with these skills are going to be really really busy this coming year. I’m writing a long post about it that will be published soon.

9 Likes

If this fella claimed to be verified that’s some ban territory he walked into.

1 Like

Verified consultants have gears under their avatar

1 Like

is your buddy willing to be a proctor? Bc im looking fir throughly training in all compliance and regulation. Even at one certification at a time. I’m tempted to contact my cousin who is a safety engineer to see the resources i can get to have this type of training. I’m already OSHA 30 certified or was if they have an annual renewal. With OSHA certifications I should be able to help provide this. I’ll be home in two weeks and hitting up my college is one of piritories. Luckily being a Cajun coonass has its perks. If they have the right person they will link me up with them.

Once it’s federal you better believe after the first shutdown/heavy fines facility is hit by osha they will have a demand for this expertise. but I’m doing this for my self knowledge and future endeavors. Its looking like my consulting days are over. Possibly trading it in for director. They won’t get shutdown under my watch and I’m going to do whatever it takes to ensure this.

3 Likes

But would a new commer know this? you already know most people in this game are hustlers so they know the language of the people

There’s plenty of spoons laying around here as is

2 Likes

Click the tag

1 Like

I will do a rescue consult at no charge if you want. I am familiar with these processes.

19 Likes

@MagisterChemist, you, good Sir, are truly a gentleman and a scholar! I’ll collect @cyclopath from the woods and we’ll come up for a visit one of these days, where I can at least buy you a meal and a beer/smoke to thank you for your contribution to the community in-person. Thank you for being you!

10 Likes

To say I do not know or understand my process & sops is an understatement, I absolutely 100% do & happen to be the consultant he is referring to. I also have exclaimed to him before he even came to me as he was brought to me by a broker & I exclaimed to said broker that he will have to let client know that I’m not traveling onsite till next month as me & my family are in the process of moving cross country. We have never confirmed a set date for me to be out there but he was aware of my traveling, I have stated that to all my clients that have been brought or came to me this past month. He has paid a deposit of what he agreed with said broker & then found me himself to discuss a lower price which I agreed to as a good faith from him finding me. I’ve been nothing but civil & even explained any term he has asked me about. I’ve sent him videos of past reflux in the spd. I’m sorry that I have not had the time to take a fresh one but when different parts of the lab are being more focused on then that’s life. I have explained a few times on ways to get the proper reflux but the pictures he sent me of his spd weren’t right for how I explained it to him to do so, I advised him on what to fix. He also has a few degree difference on his actual mantel temp. I did not know this when sharing the proper temps he would need to be at which are in the sop . Yes some parts may be confusing but even before he attempted he had asked all the questions & more as we went on with the consultation. I’ve NEVER claimed to be VERIFIED. i run this sop myself & so do many others, I will always 100% back my shit up

I have not declined continuing with said client & even sent him another video of what it shouldn’t look like for his reflux as the video shows solvent distilling off, which should not be happening during a reflux for catalyst conversion. There’s a very little known secret to perfecting d8 which I have also shared with him. But he hasn’t dialed in his reflux in the spd flask & again I’m sorry I’m unavailable to be onsite in person, but at this time am more than willing to video walk you through it.

As for @Mosaic_Co-Labs shoot me a text let’s talk of the oxone sop to see what happened for y’all.

4 Likes

D8d9 spoons
This one is a little confusing but anyone who ever has a question I always gladly answer & always will.

The secret for perfection isn’t in the sop it’s a temperature while distilling.

2 Likes

I’ve also bought sops from you and honestly not been super satisfied with the results.

While I do understand these reflux reactions can be tricky I did get a much higher conversion rate with an sop I told you I already had and the only reason I bought from you was to get a better conversion rate.

For what it’s worth you have been helpful in advice and changing parameters of the reaction to get better results but still not close to the 80-90% conversion rates you said were possible.

4 Likes

We can discuss how to get you there, just shoot me a message. I’ll be doing another conversion this week myself after teaching our new technician the hydrocarbon setup.

1 Like

@Cheebachiefextracts would you care to open source the SOPs you’re selling?

what is the point of posting restricted links?