Congress introduces bill to legalize hemp CBD supplements

Continue to find a way. Inbox is always open if you want any input.

3 Likes

I guess it’s time for us to release our new topical product. It comes in a 30ml amber bottle, filled with pristine MCT oil saturated with 2000mg of clean CBD. Comes in Mint, vanilla and hemp scents
Directions: fill dropper to 0.5ml…place on inner wrist… rub into skin…Not for oral consumption :wink:

5 Likes

The hemp retail location I worked at for awhile got plenty of visits and letters from the health dept about selling edible products. Pulled the gummies, tinctures were technically topicals.

2 Likes

Create a new brand called “UNDER THE TONGUE”

4 Likes

That UTT YO!

2 Likes

it sounds like MORE regulations.

Yes, hemp needs more regulations.

Have you been in any of these labs?

Fucking horrifying

3 Likes

Im thinking from the sales end and you are thinking production. Yes the disty needs to be good, but i dont need fda in my kitchen to make gummies. Im planning on 3rd party testing any new disty, isnt that enough?

1 Like

no, it’s not

5 Likes

what then? gmp? its a gummy bear, not too technical. I got confused, ive never made a cbd gummy yet, its topical with cbd and mct so far. The disty is hot so I need to cut at least 10 to 1. Im starting that way to avoid issues with people using too much.

2 Likes

You can start by getting a serv safe, and having the health inspector check out your kitchen. It has to be up to code for fire, need first aid kit, 3 sink system with soap, rinse and sanitize, drying racks, rubber mats and a cleanable floor, records of cleaning date and initials… sop on cleaning and safe handling for all aspects of the kitchen in a binder, cameras to show you don’t dip your balls in the gelatin, and I’m sure im forgetting some general kitchen stuff

10 Likes

Yes sir. One of the key things in any kitchen! W/o safe food handling, all the quality product doesnt mean squat if you get people sick.

4 Likes

Presumably from dipping their balls no?

2 Likes

Unsanitary hand washing
Improper disinfecting surfaces
Safe food handling temps

I can go on and on

2 Likes

We use to get our isolate gmp by just taking it to our sister facility down the road and they’d gmp it

I dont see this being that bit of a deal unless you want to do supplements

2 Likes

I think the only way you will be able to play is by doing these products as a supplement. You won’t be able to manufacture anything outside of a cGMP facility I believe. So just sending product down the road to have a facility quarantine it and then re-release it back to you won’t really do you any good and wouldn’t do you any good in the first place especially if it’s not stored at a cGMP facility once it’s released back to you.

1 Like

Im working on a quick cheat sheet for the cGMP requirements for myself if any one wants me to send it or post it here (i’m sure there’s better qualified people here but lets build on it)? Most of its common sense but its nice to have a overview instead of death by powerpoint from the FDA

4 Likes

CGMP Cheat Sheet.docx (20.8 KB)

11 Likes

Parts of Washington are still under moratoriums for facility improvements, cGMP or otherwise. This combined with conservative regulators per state could easily kill companies even if they aren’t small.

All for progress and GMP compliance but I can see this being used as a bludgeon by republicans and conservative dems.

Consulted for a farm lab, they were using a water aspirator to make vacuum for their SPD. Absolute garbage product they were making, convinced them to get a better pump.

Still, the “facility” was one of many abandoned houses on their property. Think of those farms with the occasional abandoned house because they didn’t want to do repairs for whatever reason.