Congress introduces bill to legalize hemp CBD supplements

The wave of change is coming. Team blue has nothing stopping them and they’re on a change spree.

1 Like

This is going to raise the price of distillate. Im thinking by a lot. Not many extraction facilities are cGMP, the ones that are GMP are going to be busy.

It’s going to be a lot of liquidations first

Did you ever think, you’d see BM CBD. :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

7 Likes

Yes. D8 made me see it lol. Hot hemp. Hot distillate. But non gmp everything lollllll

1 Like

You would have to get your product made at a cGMP certified facility. You would also most likely have to store it/ship it from a cGMP certified facility that has the correct tracking for product in place.

1 Like

So even with GMP ingredients, I need a GMP facility to process and bottle?

Edit: nvm this was just answered above.

3 Likes

Finished product must be gmp
If you do anything in the manufacturing process. It must be GMP

1 Like

This is a work around for me and making tinctures.

6 Likes

I wonder if this applies to pet products too :thinking:

1 Like

Im guessing yes.

2 Likes

Cbd as of yet is not approved as an animal food supplement. Hemp is not approved as an animal feed even for seed, so my guess would be that’s also out, unless maybe your talking a grooming product.

1 Like

A six figure barrier of entry for getting into the market probably wouldn’t be a horrible thing imo.

Getting kinda tired of people hopping into the CBD market real quick to make a buck because it looks easy and cheap

1 Like

what, you don’t like sketchy kitchen gummies and carted beard hair?

5 Likes

I’ve gotten beard hair in isolate kilos from GMP facilities

17 Likes

Thats not beard hair…

16 Likes

You are 100% right. Anticipating the regulations is key to long term success in Cannabis.

4 Likes

Easy to say and I don’t want quack stuff either but I was one of the few that spent enormous research time and practice to understand the science of excipients and cannabinoids and actually make good products and not sell shit. Watched genchem and ochem videos to re-learn the basics. Read all the posts I could read (stoopkid and many others - btw thanks). Read through Handbook of Pharmaceutical Excipients in a serious manner. Studied paper after paper on pubmed. Practiced making emulsions and products. Controlled tests. Microscopes and r/s homogenizers. Did an idiotic attempt to use a humidifier to mix oil and water (still embarassed at that one). Started with a shitty tween 80 emulsion that separated within 5 seconds. Tasted tween 80 because I felt the need to know just how awful it was (news flash - it is BAD) Used my day job to fund experiments. I worked hard, fellas, even cried. Many late nights. I remember when I made a spontaneous nanoemulsion with polyoxy 35 hydrogenated castor oil (kolliphor EL) et al. that was clear and see through and stable and didnt taste like absolute death. Passed through a .22um filter like a hot knife through butter. I was so excited in that moment. Remember jumping up and down screaming “I did it! I did it!”. Was it a great product? Probably not and I changed course to other delivery systems, but the point I’m making is that I am not a lazy chad. Maybe I don’t belong here but I work hard for success and am just a guy looking for a better life and thought could make something great not just for myself and make some side cash doing it. Maybe even become successful off of it. I was hoping to start small and work my way up but honestly now I’m not sure what to think anymore. I could take a loan maybe but I really dont want to do that. Regardless I need to get more educated on FDA regulations and see what happens with this. I’m sure I’m knee jerking some (maybe a lot) but when I saw that post and read the article, I’ll admit I got very scared and frustrated. Its possible I should probably give up the idea of that side business if something like this passes. I do see the good in it but it does sting just a tad. And I need to get over it no doubt. But even if this all falls to shit, I don’t regret the journey. I learned a ton of amazing science and had a lot of fun. I just dont have the means to throw a ton of money at this all at once without a loan.

10 Likes

There is nothing wrong with understanding you’re in this to win this or for the long haul. I’ve had to adjust my business and brands businesses for 5 years and it’s constantly changing. Much like this industry. I’m invested now in the risk of forever changing cannabis and Hemp regulations and I’m taking it slow as a snail. You don’t have to have the money. You have to have the drive to overcome every hurdle.

This industry (Hemp/Cannabis) isn’t for the faint of heart. You will fail so many times you lose count. That doesn’t mean you stop.

6 Likes

You’re right. It’s quite possible my mindset is wrong and needs adjusting. This is my first side business attempt and first sting. I might just be emotional right now. Thanks for support.

3 Likes