Concentrates to Distillate

I was under the impression that you can only make high potency THC only by SPD so if I sound like an ignorant jackass then so be it

The ignorant part wasn’t a problem until you became an unappreciative jackass that thinks they are somehow better than the drug dealers they are asking for advice.

3 Likes

Im not unappreciative at all I guess you must have take offense to the Drug dealer comment and so did the other guy that called me unappreciative. It wasn’t directed to anyone on the site I just don’t need to produce mass quantities that’s all I was getting at didn’t mean to hit a nerve bud

We took offense to this.

Drug dealer isn’t offensive, we’ve been called worse

4 Likes

You most certainly are sir. It also seems like you are incapable, probably from wanton ignorance vs. basic stupidity, of understanding what people are trying to explain to you.

2 Likes

yep. we got that early on.

which is why I suggested this link, to disabuse you of that notion, a couple of days ago…Please humor me. How are decarbed diamonds that much different from distillate?

…several folks tried again today, because it was clear you still thought that way.

learning to distill cannabinoids IS a worthy goal. Asking folks who do if for a living is a reasonable approach.

listening to them rather than railing against them might also make some sense.

everything you need is here, including some really helpful folks.

good luck. the ̶b̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ seach bar is your friend.

Edit: because nobody need to getting no penicillin over this.

5 Likes

The beach bar is how you end up having to go to the doctor for a penicillin shot and wake up with a tattoo

4 Likes

I apologize for being an ignorant jackass to everyone here

You’re better off crashing the thca and decarbing at the scale your speaking of

2 Likes

If you’re really decarbing small amounts of oil why not just set your beaker in a regular oven at temp? stirring is only required for large volumes to aid the gas transfer at the surface. A thin film type transfer using a wider dish would be optimal but it’s hard to recover it all.

2 Likes

also, be aware that challenges you’ll encounter trying to do microdistillations will be very different from those on this forum practicing at large scale. We have band heaters and automation and you’ll be flying by the seat of your pants. The science is the same, for sure, but that doesn’t mean you can jump straight from one to the other without hitting a few bumps.

2 Likes

biomass (plant material) → literally any concentrate —> winterize/filter —> recover solvent/decarb —> distill

now you have distillate.

1 Like

Nope.

Try this one: YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

And read of shatter => diamonds

https://future4200.com/search?q=Shatter%20diamonds

2 Likes

Let him distill his 25mL i say. He will learn then.

2 Likes

Have you ever even distilled or ran a CLS?

3 Likes

“Experience is the most brutal teacher, but you learn, by God, you learn.”

C.S. Lewis

6 Likes

No, but I know if I do I would learn a lot more than I would asking or reading.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have learned any of this stuff I didn’t just DO IT. I learn best by doing. Second to that is watching, then reading, then listening. I usually combine reading and doing when it comes to cannabis, because there’s a lot more literature than audio or video.

1 Like

Reading is what I enjoy most along with watching videos related to what I read to visualize it better.

It’s how I learned how to start growing. Reading, asking around then finally getting to that golden indoor tent and light.

If you’re looking for free advice read the fucking threads.

If you’re looking for support join a fucking support group.

You earn support round here. It’s not just handed out upon request. All these people that support each other have donated 100s of hours to this wealth of information.

Put some respect on their names

9 Likes