Concentrates to Distillate

So I wouldn’t need the cooling chiller is what your saying?

Winterize, decarb, and filter. Filtering decarb is so much easier. AC is a god send.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is why I was just like pour that melted shatter in there boy!! It’s only 200ml, how quality does this stuff need to be?? XD

Like maybe I’m just lazy but if I don’t have equipment to recover my ethanol quickly I’m not even gonna bother with processing 200ml of melted shatter with it. If it’s shatter, and that amount, I’d just melt it n dump in the flask and go. Shatter is already finely filtered we can assume and is certainly not as fatty as a batch of crude. I think your quality isn’t even gonna be that much better with a winterization and you’ll probably filter out like 2g of fat when you do.

Tldr; I’m lazy, I’d just boil the shatter and run. Winterization and ethanol recovery too long for 200g batch.

2 Likes

Correct

1 Like

A friend of mine just told me about a micro short path setup I could buy for under 300 total setup it’s with a 10ml distillation head using a 3 cow system 1-100ml 2 neck boiling flask and 3 receiving flasks if I end up going this small to see if it’s something I want to continue with what kind of vacuum would I run with this small of a set up?

2 Likes

What temp is your chiller?
Do you also have a circulating heater?

Have you read I make terrible distillate....why?

and then there is: why do you want distillate?!?

Yes, you can take essentially ANY cannabis extract, decarb it, loose ALL the great tastes and smells, and then lors 20% or more of your cannabinoids actually distilling.

Why would you actually want to do this?

See: Please humor me. How are decarbed diamonds that much different from distillate?

4 Likes

Well first of all I smoke every day from day in to day out and I have a really high tolerance I take breaks every now and then I had a medical card but now that it’s legal I can produce my own medication that is why I want to learn to distill cannabis. I never said anything about turning diamonds to distillate it it far more cheaper for me to buy a half pound of shatter and distill it

I know YOU didn’t mention other ways of obtaining high potency meds. I was showing YOU they existed (the nature of your original question suggest you may not be aware of that. Certainly others that read may not).

You can achieve higher potency via THCa => THC than via distillation. Purhaps I should have lead with that before the link? Just trying to help here…

You can achieve high purity thca from “shatter” using a hair straightener (although an actual press works better). Or by throwing it in a canning jar and waiting a bit.

You want to learn cannabinoid distillation. Props. Entourage is real, and you’re chucking all that. If that’s what works, great!

Read all you can of @Beaker that was his goal, and he shared all the steps on his path.

Edit: updated link Search results for '@beaker' - Future4200

6 Likes

If you’re trying to break tolerance I’d look for some different terpene profiles. Get a new strain or buy some terps and mix something new up.

Entourage can overcome tolerance.

1 Like

I really appreciate all the advice I can get hope I’m not coming off as brushing off the information I’m receiving.
My ultimate goal is to attempt this at a smaller scale say with the Micro Short path set up i don’t want to dump thousands of dollars into something that I may not be good at or even be able to do at all. I want a purer end product 1 to have stronger material 2 to experiment with adding CBD and terpenes to achieve a balanced entourage effect and 3 it’s cheaper to buy material and run it through a SPD especially if the end goal is to only lose 20-30% total mass and lastly I am very interested in learning about how to do this as well as running Hemp to distill CBD. I believe I put it all out here now and I’ve received fantastic advice hope to hear more thanks guys!

2 Likes

We lost @beaker, and much of his work. Check the above out. Maybe use ‘sublimator’ as a key

3 Likes

Anybody know if I can use a hot plate with magnetic stirrer instead of a heating mantle?

You absolutely can but you’ll have much longer reaction times as the heat transfer area into the solution is limited to the area of the plate and everything else cools it down. You can easily overshoot temps trying to compensate as well and break down/darken/oxidize your oil.

1 Like

Can a external stirrer be used inside a boiling flask to not need the magnetic stirrer ?

Also can you distill 25ml in a 100ml boiling flask?

That juice isn’t worth the squeeze amigo.

6 Likes

I can see on this website that people are very unsupportive I don’t need to distill 100s of ML of concentrates I’m not a drug dealer or a manufacturer I’m simply doing this for my own personal medication and all I have gotten was some positive feed back but other than that I get a lot of stupid ass comments I’m asking serious questions and getting dick in return there are small distillation setups and if you can’t be supporting fuck off I don’t need to hear your dumb ass opinions to all the non supporters hope your next run is shit!

I’m not trying to offend you. But 25ml isn’t worth distilling. The equipment it takes to do it the right way cost more than 25ml of distillate

Sorry for applying basic logic and reason to the subject. You can absolutely distill 25ml of anything you want. You’re gonna have a lot of loss to the glass, may only get 5-10ml by the time you’re done

10 Likes

I can build a 50 ml system for under $500. I can put up to 50ml of material but that’s my max on funds that’s why I’m asking about just a small quantity

Maybe u should take a look at how @Beaker (RIP) used to do things. He did very small scale distillatations and might be exactly what ur looking for.
However, he did use like a $3k vac pump even when he was only distilling a couple mls. Btw his vac pump is still performing like a champ, ive got it and have been using it since he passed

14 Likes