Community projects

So, rather than continue to circlejerk about how the forum is boring and full of drama, anyone have any ideas they’d like to work on publicly?

I’ve been wanting to do some thing to improve access for disabled people, make niche tools to make consumption easier, things of that nature. If anyone knows of anyone needing a tool for a specific use case, lmk and I’ll see what I can come up with

15 Likes

I think we should make a public brothel

Public garden(however the rule of he who does not work shall not eat is HEAVILY enforced)

Give out 3d printed tools made from leftover plastic that would be considered waste so its essentially free to use and make

Free vacuum sealing(byovb) of course can supply someone with a free double seal layer if they’re absolutely out but need to give the same amount used back

Yes I’m actually serious not being sarcastic. I want these to happen

2 Likes

I’d love to be a writer on the upcoming season of Nevada Hemp Rush.

5 Likes

Gold rush*

1 Like

My dream is someday I would really like to set an open lab for advanced research. It would have all different kinds of lab scale equipment plus in-house analytics. Anyone could come use any of the equipment they want, as long as any results get posted publically.

22 Likes

Could you be anonymous?

I actually like that idea a lot holy fuck

Pdxcanna, this is a golden idea that should be achieved. Think about it.

People, trappers especially, can test their shit to finally gain some braincells and realize lot of the shit being bought and sold on the streets is sketchy

2 Likes

Probably that won’t work, since most states will make you sign an entry sheet.

The posting could be anonymous, i suppose.

3 Likes

What’s your equipment list

1 Like

Little centrifuge
Little closed loop
Little roto
Little membrane circulator
Little chroma column
Little reactor
Little SPD
Little wiper
HPLC
GCMS

And then hopefully people would contribute any specialty parts they use, so it would grow with time.

9 Likes

Well maybe you can just use a fake name.

But posting anonymously is what i mostly meant too, as for the entry maybe having an attorney/3rd party do it for you and say said client they represent wants to remain anon

Pretty sure we could make that happen depending on location you are thinking.

I would contribute some gear.

Hmu thats my line

4 Likes

Whats the phone number

1 Like

My shop is rtg if you wanna swing thru

802-595-6400

1 Like

Butthole pics incoming, thank me later…

10 Likes

I would like to see some testing of street drugs in Oregon now that possession of everything is decriminalized, that would definitely be a worthwhile endeavor. For now, those two work pretty well(although EC doesn’t seem to know much about bathtub conversions)

6 Likes

Just need to add a 3d printer in. I’d definitely contribute to something like this, I’ve never seen a chemistry oriented makerspace

3 Likes

Love this idea. I thought it would be cool to invite “extractors in residence” and supply then with all the tools and inputs they need to produce amazing hash.

4 Likes

This was sort of the idea behind the nevada debacle

2 Likes