Collidal silver a promising alternative to pesticides and fungicides?

And as Dr. Keith F. Courtenay (U.L.C., USA) has stated in his book, Colloidal Silver: the Hidden Truths :

"For all bacterial, fungal and viral attacks on plants, flowers and fruit, simply spray diluted colloidal silver on the leaves; also, add to water, mixing one tablespoon per liter.

I put silver in my hydroponic system to eradicate root rot. A friend of mine grows very rare orchids; these are sold overseas for a large amount of money. He was getting a fungus growing on some of them and they became worthless.

We came up with the idea that the silver might eradicate the fungus, as it does on humans and animals. So why not give it a try?

It worked and he is a very happy man. He has now put a spray system in and all his flowers are sprayed at regular intervals and have never had any trouble since."

Futher from the article Silver Secrets: Another Way to Kill Pathogens.

You may have heard of colloidal silver’s healing powers in human health. Some people use it when they feel a sinus infection coming on, while others have used colloidal silver to treat skin conditions and infections, including bacteria, yeast, viruses and parasites. Known as nature’s antibiotic, it’s no surprise that colloidal silver can also offer preventative, therapeutic and restorative properties to our plants and our gardens.

Colloidal silver is essentially pure water with ultra-tiny nanoparticles of silver suspended inside. The ionic form of silver is capable of killing more than 650 different pathogens. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) named silver as an oligodynamic biocide, which means it attacks primitive life forms but doesn’t harm more mature organisms.

The beauty of using colloidal silver in the garden is that it’s very safe for the plants, but it tenaciously targets the bacteria, parasites and other pathogens.

Email Newsletter

Join thousands of other growers who are already receiving our monthly newsletter.

In his published work, Use of Colloids in Health & Disease, in 1919, Alfred Searle wrote:

“Applying colloidal silver to human subjects has been done in a large number of cases with astonishingly successful results. For internal administration, orally or hypodermically, it has the advantage of being rapidly fatal to parasites without toxic action on its host.”

From a gardening perspective, this sort of result opens the door to remarkable possibilities. In particular, it suggests a rapid remedy to common garden pests and problems without harming the plants, helpful pollinators, or the humans who consume the ensuing fruits or vegetables. Here are some of the top ways your garden can benefit from a touch of colloidal silver.

An Organic Alternative to Potentially Harmful Chemicals and Pesticides

Whether you’re growing commercially or simply for your family’s dinner table, no one wants extra chemicals on their fruits and vegetables. When treated with pesticides, plants tend to absorb topical chemicals. Colloidal silver is a safer, more organic alternative to many of the poisons marketed for gardens and farm pest prevention.

“An application of colloidal silver also is reportedly safe for children and family pets that may come into contact with the plants.”

Effective Eradication Plants of Bacteria, Viruses, Fungi and Eggs

Colloidal silver effectively inactivates the oxygen metabolism enzyme needed to sustain life for these undesirable organisms. Spraying colloidal silver onto plants infected with bacteria, fungi and viruses swiftly causes these undesirable organisms to suffocate and perish, all without the negative effects of traditional pesticides or the toils of other pest removal methods. An application of colloidal silver also is reportedly safe for children and family pets that may come into contact with the plants.

No Harm to PollinatorsHoneybees, ladybugs and other beneficial insects do not seem to have a negative response to colloidal silver. Whether it’s found in their drinking water or placed upon surfaces they touch, such as leaves and blossoms, this eco-friendly garden enhancer keeps your garden’s pollinators happy and healthy, too.

Bigger Fruits and Vegetables

In a study published in the March 2010 issue of the journal Mycobiology, green onions were treated with silver nanoparticles at the roots to eradicate Sclerotium cepivorum fungal infections. In addition to clearing up the fungus, the silver increased the fresh weight and the dry weight of the onions, producing larger, more desirable vegetables.

Greener Leaves and Stronger Roots

Using ionic colloidal silver in the garden can transform the overall health of the plant. In addition to treating and preventing pathogens, viruses and fungi, the silver nanoparticles can impact the strength of the root system and the size and hue of the leaves. Large, vibrant green leaves indicate a truly healthy plant.

Better Plant Immunity and Improved Cell Rejuvenation

People may turn to colloidal silver supplements for a variety of illnesses and infections, from swimmer’s ear to pink eye. The silver is known to improve a person’s immunity, so it makes sense that plants can also gain a beneficial immune boost. Colloidal silver helps to make the plants more robust in preventing issues before any problems even occur, but also in recovering from damage caused by nuisance organisms.

No Pathogen Immunity Over Time

One of the main problems with traditional antibiotics is that bacteria can morph over time, becoming immune or less responsive to the effectiveness of the drugs. Unlike antibiotics, pathogens, viruses, fungi and bacteria do not develop immunity to silver nanoparticles. Applying colloidal silver in the garden should continue to offer improvements for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

I mean, if you want to reverse everything in your garden and make completely unstable female seeds? Spraying with colloidal silver will herm your plants

https://magazine.grasscity.com/how-to-make-feminized-marijuana-seeds-2528/

Otherwise that’s a marvelous idea, as long as you don’t flip your plants or use it correctly, so that it doesn’t reverse them.

8 Likes

If you grow indoors you can just sterilize your growing medium and choose what comes in contact with your plants:

Can I say denature now @cyclopath? Cause I am pretty sure that’s what happens to the proteins in the microbes when sterilized :joy:

4 Likes

It will only make fem seeds if sprayed every day. If sprayed once a week you will have zero side effects ! This is known in the seed making community

f3c1ddbd2d53336899ca2a1d83fb09c29f90ae370047cedc0f8c3f2cf7c4b4e9

5 Likes

Did i just get a meme with someone looking uninterested as a response? Isnt this sapposed to be a data sharing site? Grow up.

1 Like

Think It Said “It Is Known”, which kinda backed up what ya said about silver not working unless adequate dosing is ensured

1 Like

I just love when people say “It is known” :rofl:

I shared data. Diseases are living organisms.
that complex life doesn’t spring up out of no where. Sterilization of an area is safer than treating with chemicals, because
that those chemicals reverse sex if misused. Sterilization does not change sex.

6 Likes

Im not going to get into a argument but if t3ou said in a convo" it is known" then someone repeated you with that facial expression would you not pick up that they are makimg fun of you? This is a data sharing site.

I’m sorry that you did not read ASoFAI or watch game of thrones. That is the joke, not you fam. I post it is known wherever I see it. Also god wills it.

All this data gets to peoples heads and it is nice to chuckle from time to time. That’s the forum culture I have noticed here, and if it’s out of place it gets scrubbed.

9 Likes

13 Likes

My posts that were far less offensive have been removed by you future. But if its in the name of fun its ok?

1 Like

I think it is your attitude. You are really smart but come off as combative. I am guessing your peer group in real life falls far below you intellectually, and you are used to fighting when trading ideas with them. You come here and don’t notice that mindset and get teased by the other posters who are used to working in teams and sharing data with others on their level.

I think the only solution is to have an all in good fun attitude. People tease each other here all the time, and rarely resort to actual hurtful statements.

12 Likes

Tavistock? Is that you?

Well, I’m not a seed maker. That’s why it was placed as a question, not a statement.

Supposed*

Elliot, is that you?

2 Likes

Lol I don’t know who tavistock is.

7 Likes

Your a bunch of fools tears running down My eyes :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

This is the internet, don’t let it hurt your feels

8 Likes