Collidal silver a promising alternative to pesticides and fungicides?

:joy::joy::joy:, who needs a hug?? On a side note our group is testing a natural alternative for pest and microbial pathogens on cannabis. I did a test this past year using a banned systematic pesticide then using our product to remediate the plant. The test on the flower and keif came back clean but as we all know that means nothing so we are waiting on the testing done on concentrates. We went ahead and opted for Cat lll just to be sure we would pass the upcoming regulations.

3 Likes

I need my feels touched

1 Like

On top of silvers ability to destroy all fungi bacteria and virus this study proves its effectiveness in killing 90 plus percent of two spotted mite adult and eggs. Truly seems this is natures cure all. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236683762_The_effect_of_Silver_nanoparticles_on_Tetranychus_urticae

2 Likes

Both silver and graphene oxide nanoparticles have a significant impact on insect antioxidant and detoxifying enzymes, leading to oxidative stress and cell death. Ag nanoparticles also reduced acetylcholinesterase activity, while polystyrene nanoparticles inhibited CYP450 isoenzymes. Au nanoparticles can act as trypsin inhibitors and disrupt development and reproduction. Metal nanoparticles can bind to S and P in proteins and nucleic acids, respectively, leading to a decrease in membrane permeability, therefore to organelle and enzyme denaturation, followed by cell death. Besides, Ag nanoparticles up- and downregulate key insect genes, reducing protein synthesis and gonadotrophin release, leading to developmental damages and reproductive failure. The toxicity of SiO2 and Al2O3 nanoparticles is due to their binding to the insect cuticle, followed by physico-sorption of waxes and lipids, leading to insect dehydration. In the final section, insect nanotoxicology research trends are critically discussed, outlining major challenges to predict the ecotoxicological consequences arising from the real-world use of nanoparticles as pesticides.

3 Likes

Traditionally, colloidal silver is a bunch of dumb hippie bullshit sold as a cure-all (HIV, etc).

Yes it can be used to sterilize stuff, and no, it is not always the best solution. There is no silver bullet for all problems.

4 Likes

Can you please elaborate? Or provide data to back your point up. I have proven my point that it kills all fungus, bacteria,virus, two sptted mites and ive also found proof it is effective against aphids as well. INSECTICIDE EFFECT OF SILVER AND ZINC NANOPARTICLES AGAINST …
PDFBioline International › br › pdf

I know its a extraordinary claim but i believe i have provided evidence to back it up.

1 Like

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/288568890_Insecticide_effect_of_silver_and_Zinc_nanoparticles_against_Aphis_nerii_Boyer_de_Fonscolombe_Hemiptera_Aphididae

3 Likes

Most of the cannabis that is grown by members here is meant for consumption. Wouldn’t systemic pesticides end up in your final harvest? Are these metal based pesticides safe to smoke?

1 Like

I am not sure i will be looking into it soon. But the way i see it its silver at 100 ppm most tap water has more desolved solids than that some of which we know to be bad (pesticide,pharma,pollutants.) Seems promising

I do know they are harmful to water systems but i found a research paper stating the organic mattet in soil nuterized the silver ions making it harmless and i would imagine the nanoparticles would filer out indmto the soil. At the same time i image silver may be harmful to the bee population.

Hey why not use gold? All joking aside I could see this being useful in a situation where for some reason a single cut covered In fungus, bacteria and pests all at once had to be saved.

Or for newbs with rot.

Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

2 Likes