Cold Curing Rosin

Why is it that bubble hash is favored to dry ice sifting? I would think dry ice being colder as it is would yield much more hash would it not?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. I recently had some hemp flower that was cold cured, as well as the same clone batch cured under regular conditions. The flavor on the cold cured was significantly better, speculating that it’s related to retention of volatile terpenes. The effects were also noticeably different. DM me if you’d like to discuss further.

1 Like

dry ice sifting brings more impurities and bubble hash you can keep most contaminants out

2 Likes

Hey very cool post. I came here to learn and actually ended up with more questions.

I’ve recently pressed about 500 grams of 140 micro kief into… 24 grams of rosin. HOLY shit that was a lot of work and I’d like to hear: What I’m doing right. What I’m doing wrong. How I can improve and finally… HOW THE BLOODCLOT can I package this for sale into 1 gram glass jars.

1. I’m stuffing my kief (140u) into 75 micro bags. Most are 2x6 but some are 3x6".
  2. I have a 20 ton bottle jack (without pressure gauge) with heat plates.
  3. I’m loading 8-10 grams of kief into the 2x6 and close to 25g into the 3x6
  4. Heat plates are set to 69c/156f degrees
  5. I’m pressing lightly for 45 seconds and then slowly increasing pressure until 2:30.
  6. My kief/dry sift is a couple months post harvest.
  7. I’m only using a single bag. Not blowing out at all. Should I be double bagging? Why?

So I roll that all together to get a nicely colored 8gram putty.

For some reason, my follow up day of squishing comes out much darker and oilier. I end up with slightly higher yield.

I roll all this up. It’s SOOOOOO sticky I can’t touch it with gloves. I’m not sure how to handle this without making a mess. I add it to a glass jar and stir as much as possible. Seems to lighten the color a bit.

1. What am I supposed to do to ‘cure’ the rosin? Why?
  2. How do I package it into individual 1gram concentrate glass jars for sale?
  3. What else do I need to do to it?
  4. How can you handle it with it being so sticky?
  5. I don’t seem to be yielding much. How can I get my rosin to ‘flow’ out of the parchment paper?
  6. PLEASE can someone give me a full walkthrough of how to package, press (time and pressure - remember I don’t have a gauge), collect, handle, cure and package for sale?

Thanks so much. I just went through ALL my sift :frowning:

That’s called buying a clue. If your intention is to sell this product, you should pay for a consult when your asking for that much hand holding instead of asking for a handout.

8 Likes

Hey I don’t know much about rosin but I have seen the guys that work with me make some pretty amazing stuff. We have recently been doing fresh frozen bubble hash and its amazing. They did make some really amazing mechanically separated rosin that had an outstanding terp profile once recombination happened. Its super wet like I think you want. Maybe try a super low and slow mechanical separation to preserve those terps! Good luck hope you can get some fire!

1 Like

Lol. I’m not opposed to that. I’ve already schedule a consult with Darthtolker. Don’t be judgy dude.

So what did you learn??

3 Likes

I see a lot of people asking for free advice on here for their products they are selling all the time. It’s annoying.

You said you searched, well I know right now there’s plenty of threads on how to finish up rosin.

I found that in 30 seconds…

Methinks you didn’t really search that much.

3 Likes

This guy knows how to find that spoon.

@Zyzyx let this be a lesson. The majority of people on here know how to use the search bar extremely effectively. Before asking long drawn out questions with multiple parts you might want to take a second and read, read, read, go back and read that again, then read some more. This site is full of great information and if you’re curious, go mine that info. :wink:

Edit: If you want to buy a clue from my boy @THChemist has some of the strongest small scale and large scale rosin Tek you could ask for. Dude is a straight wizard with the hash.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

You really went about this wrong bro. He was using your previous thread to show someone else how to properly use the search function and to find what they were looking for.

You’re out of line here man.

3 Likes

Keep being a dense retard, because you obviously can’t read nor do you have basic comprehension skills apparently lol.

Right on. I’m all for that. Thanks.

1 Like

is there a difference between cold cured and someone just keeping rosin in the fridge… from my understanding proper “cold cure” is warmed up some ( 85-110) for a very short time and wiped the crap out of then popped in a fridge- or is that not the case??

2 Likes

Consider cold cure room temp. Thats just heating the jar if you warm it up a bit. It has its merits. Play with it a bit - look at a decarb graph to see how much is too much though.

In the fridge it’s too cold for any sort of meaningful change to happen in my opinion on that one

Also I personally don’t like to whip the first time til days in. The softer the better.

9 Likes

The temperature factor makes a lot of sense.

Needs just the right amount of heat to make that entropy happen. One thing I have pondered is even though we cure rosin in a sealed jar, do the gaseous headspace molecules also help with said process? Would be pretty cool to try flushing the headspace with an inert gas before sealing the container for cold curing, and/or even pulling a slight vacuum on the system?!

1 Like

I think a big thing about being able to push some of the terps out and create a more cheese-cakey consistency is the pressure given off by the rosin offgassing after jarring it. It’s a bit of a moving target based upon the type of terps, amount of terps and care taken while washing it but I think you’ve got the right idea in terms of what direction you should be going for curing!

But pulling vac while curing? That’s super fucking interesting!! Give it a shot! You’re certainly making me want to!

3 Likes