CO2 Terps (or just terps in general)

Do you have a certain formula to calculate the solvent density?

1 Like

http://www.peacesoftware.de/einigewerte/co2_e.html

1 Like

Here are some rare terpes extracted from cured flower using R134a

4 Likes

Love it, looks super similar in consistency to CO2 terps.

What kind of pressures did you run this at? Any temperature control?

What strains?

1 Like

So the machine operates at between 50° - 120° Fahrenheit. And at 6bar
Any strain you want.

2 Likes

Should probably start a new thread for this as I am moving away from the applicable topic…

Temperatures are very similar to CO2.

The pressure, however, is significantly lower. Are these parameters converting the gaseous tetraflouroethane into a highly dense liquid (subcritical) or supercritical state? I’m assuming these conditions do not keep the target solvent in a gaseous state…

1 Like

Sorry. So, yes. The gas is chilled to about -20° Fahrenheit and circulates through the biomass. Then recovered about 97% in a closed loop. Some stays trapped in the biomass which can be recovered
(if equipped) on decarb. Second run results in a FSO that requires degas only with the 20L unit. 200L and up needs some wiping, imho. They have gotten better with SOP’s for cannabis. I would put the HTE and FSO up against any other method. The issue people have is that nobody tests for residual r134a. If you degas properly and test yourself, you can confidently operate with no c1d1 and no c1d2. Im pretty sure it’s classified as “solventless” everywhere. Which does make OPEX very attractive. Producing premium strain specific terpes and bomb ass live resin and some of the best entourage high vape carts ever, right next to the guy with the washing machine…pretty sweet actually…testing labs…get the parameters for r134a testing. Your gonna need it. I smoke that shit daily and I’m fart as smuck.

Processing: 20210721_111711.heic…

2 Likes

HTE on left. FSO on right
and a Voos Pod( best ever tvm) on top. Sup Mark!!

1 Like

@Chriatian why don’t you start a thread on a diy 134a extractor with sop for future heads? I’d build one and run it to share my results. Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

I’m not on that level yet…the units are about 100k. I’m working on getting my own. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

how do I get the hydrofoil out?

any tips or tricks when throwing into the centrifuge?

1 Like