Cloudy C02 Extracted Terpenes

Following up on this, I’ve found a density of 0.33 g/cm^3 for the co2 flowing over the biomass to be best for terpene extractions. Still get the dry ice, but that’s the set up I’ve got.

Hey, I’m wondering how you go about dealing with the dry ice? I have the same issue, it seems like a lot of dry ice builds up at the valve before the collection spout on the bottom of the separation vessel. I’ve found that if I shut the pump down and turn off all jackets after a run (leaving some co2 pressurized in the SV), I can come back the next morning and collect the Terps. But I’m not sure that this is the best way, I’m not a fan of leaving them sit in the system overnight.

Pressurizing the terpene vessel can help reduce dry ice formation, but you will be collecting more sesquiterpenes than monoterpenes as the light terps will carry over.

You can also utilities heat on the outside of the vessel, which is a delicate balance. I would collect terps the next day and the coas we’re fine in terms of terp %