Closed Loop Design Contest....

I believe a 3x24 dewax column will be inefficient for the amount of tane needed the use the 3x18 column. Either a larger dewax or smaller material column. Thinking smaller material column will be the cheaper route

2 Likes

This is it fam

Jk

Honestly just check out how people run on here. Dont need to reinvent the process. Just my thoughts :v:

6 Likes

Only difference ia yours is on a stand.

3”x 24” rack mounted material column with separated 8”x 10” collection base and 4"x24" Dewax vessel•

2 Likes

17 Likes

lololololol

this works pretty good for not disconecting any hoses, full mantifold and n2 assist -80c chiller and acetone for blood!

4 Likes

Well if a free $400 tower doesn’t float your boat I can customize a pc tower like this one.

I did a DIO one in red lighting for my other son. Lol. But it’s not the price amigo it’s the comradeship and having fun seeing what the brain trust can come up with. We got three days to fart around on this lol.

6 Likes

I’ll take the $400 cash. This is 1-2 hours of work, maximum. You’ll also need to provide more information.

How does $100/hr sound?

1 Like

what’s the purpose of these smaller cylinders and clamps?

I looked for info about that on BVV but they seem to be updating their site currently.

I think there’s filter in each one and it’s lined up in a certain order from biggest to finest, though I’m not entirely sure on that.

9 Likes

What kind of vacuum pumps did you get? You need a vacuum pump and also a recovery pump. It looks like you want to place one of your pumps before the material columns but neither of those pumps can be placed there. Also the coils should go after the pumps so you can chill the vapor stream.

Can you give us a brief rundown on your intended SOPs

1 Like

Based on your questions and designs purposed I highly recommend that you do not build this. Im not trying to insult you, but you absolutely need to have a lot of backround info to do this and not blow your self up. The stick drawing you provided along with the basic questions youve asked tells me that you might be missing critical process information that could easily result in dangerous outcomes.

With that said, Valve Manifold, Vacuum connected via swaged QC to ball valve to vessel ported manifold, no pump between solvent and material, one vac, rounded bottoms always, make sure your fittings match perfectly, everything needs pressure gauges and PRVs ported outside, and spend the extra money on good clamps, bolts, nuts and gaskets. Oh yeah, and remember to absolutely not do this.

11 Likes

Two Zeny 3.5 CFM single stage and a Axiden 2021l

I have two Robinair RG3 Twin-Cylinder Portable Refrigerant Recovery Machine as well.

:rofl:

The mini Icarus looks pretty good now.

Just buy from @Killa12345 and you’ll already have the most efficient rig for the $, I’m sure he has pieces to go custom too

You can DM me for where to send the PC thank you😊

8 Likes

I think you want to do the layout something closer to this picture

might be hard to see what I’m doing here because I slapped this together real quick in paint but you want to make sure each component of your system has a pressure gauge, can be isolated and recovered separately from the rest of the system, has a pressure relief valve, and a vacuum port.

Its also nice to be able to recover your columns while dewaxing so you can disassemble and repack for a new run.

2 Likes

Yes!!!

here’s what I picture for the material and dewaxxing columns. So you’re suggesting two sieves and run the two pumps in tandem?