Cloning/taking cuts

I found some 1x5x20” hard plastic boxes recently (not thin similar to tote plastic) that lock, led strip on top inside & wrap rooted plugs to protect roots, they don’t move at all & can fit 5 comfortably. Wrap in bubble to give extra filler & protection on outside, fits a large skinny fedex box no problem.

I remember my grower friend told me about shipping clones. You better have luck 100 if you want it to land.

You could try trimming the fan leaves if they aren’t praying. Until they get roots going, big cuts like this trend to have issues keeping up with their own water needs.

3 Likes

I use 1 gallon water jugs in this fashion, cut the top of and they are perfect “domes” for transplanting and cloning. @cyclopath you should try it as well.

2 Likes

I did that yes. I have a distilled water jug over one and no dome over one, experimenting lets say. I have shit ton of cuts rn, too many. Ill chop fan leaves off

So far only had to remove a few. Natural selection.

Heres a pic of my ladies too

nah, I’m good.

I know how to root large clones with no need to cover or remove leaves to reduce transpiration.

see: Clones thread if you haven’t already.

7 Likes

Totally, lol, I love my clone tables and agree that good clones don’t need covering.

2 Likes

I have never covered a clone, either. Maybe it has to do with the ambient humidity where one happens to be, in regard to it being important.

5 Likes

Neither have I.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s arid AF half the year here, honestly, I used that jug tek when I transplanted the runtz I just got cause they clearly didn’t come from you guys lol, and they were super unhappy for a couple days. Worked like a charm, and I only suggested it because someone said to put a bag on the clones, which sounded kinda lame.

1 Like

Aero clone vs standard clone. The aero clone had a few days on the standard one though.

13 Likes

Are those Ihort plugs?

3 Likes

Nice rootz!

4 Likes

do you use heat mats? and do you use mycorizzae? I have heat mats but stopped using them a long time ago because I got a shock off it. Im using aerocloner now. I fucked this round up= I used 35 percent h202 to clean it and then dumped that and refilled with water= it was still too strong of h202 and literally bleached the stems.

How many ml per gallon did you use? I think 1.3% in is about good.

it was a cleaning solution, not meant to be run with plants. But some mustve still been in the pump Lesson learned, i got more clones. I dunno how strong my hwo2 is either. Im sure it isnt 35 percent anymore. it doesnt burn my skin instantly anymore.

H2o2 is fine with plants at dilution.

I just mix it up strong and run he cloner between runs. next time ill rinse better

we can take that up in person some time if you like :wink:

the goal is to reduce transpiration. using whatever you’ve got at hand.

maybe your whirled isn’t over run with plastic bags.
mine is.

but at least I’ve proposed a solution… Let them eat PET!

1 Like

and misting actually draws water out of the plant. tenting isnt usually needed but if they droop you tent for a day or 3 Ive never misted and all my clones survive. Im even lazy lately and usuallly clones left in a glass of water root, I dont use those but its my version of a houseplant.