Cloning a flower top

If being tied down, then yes, it is a slower process. Supercropping is a fast process. Shouldn’t realistically take longer than 60 seconds, even when not experienced with this technique.

Really, look up supercropping and knuckling. Google should be able to feed you plenty of info and likely some youtube videos.

4 Likes

Thanks. What wire or material you recommend to use for bending btw?

I usually just seal it with crude oil :rofl:

3 Likes

When tying plants down, I usually use hemp twine (basic garden twine). With bonsai (yes, cannabis can be bonsai-trained), I use copper wire.

Supercropping requires no additional materials. Just give those ladies some fat knuckles! It’s a great method for also adding a bit of stress to increase production.

2 Likes

Monster cropping is the term thrown around.

Mostly I dont like that technique cause the revertation produces nodes that are not diametraly placed one from another.

Plant architecture plays a major role in your production unless you throw them outside foe 4 monts then it doesnt matter :slight_smile:

Monstercropping: taking a clone in flowr, rooting, revegingand then youll see some seriouuus interesting morhological events

I had a few events when supper crop in early flowrr fucked up the plant to herms…

Wasnt happy then… But now its sometimes welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been working with grows since '96 and never heard that term. Must be from somewhere other than the west coast (best coast). Haha.

1 Like

That does suprise me… I saw it on you tube and some other parts of the internet(icmag maybe?) .

The reveg does make a monstrousammount of new growth, depenting on the alreadt developed brachteas… Each start to differentiate in a new leaf that is then a new branch… So kinda possible to predict how many clones youdd get from counting the developed pistils and brachts… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should I be worried of it herming?

It’s only one branch, right? I wouldn’t be super concerned. If it was multiple branches across the whole room, I may have greater concern, as a room full of stress hormones (they release stress and danger warning hormones to signal other plants to the potential threat), is a recipe for disaster.

@GrzA seems more concerned. What’s your opinion?

Bend it over my g

4 Likes

I encourage supercropping, just wanted to share my obseravtions on what I saw in flowering.

I would just keep an eye on the plants if they are in flowr. Around the spots that were cropped in flowrr sites if they start developing banana type formations. In veg i wouldnt sweat it…

The level of stress hormones in a room is a very indepth observation.

I definetly saw references to plant comunication
In a natural setting, where a trees comunicate via stress hormone to signal others sisterplants in the natural habitat to exude repelent chemicals to evade fireants. Mysterious life od plants is the book i belive.

So I would say if they are connected with roots, theres a definet connection and comunicatin through alelopathic(although not a correct use of the term since it suggest a non synergistic rffect). Mycorizzae is another element to consider when observing these relationships.

Knew a grower who won the cannabis cup in the sativa class in 2006…

He grew cherry tomatoes and his special haze in his award winning grow… . Wtf… The tomatoes and the cannabis roots liked eachother it seemed and it gave it that special special something… That won awards… :slight_smile: who know what else would have simmilar synergy…

As a trained biologist @cyclopath must have a correction or two, or maybe a deeper inside at what genes might be activated when auxin and cytokinin levels be disrupted in a arabidopsis thaliana…

Sry what was the question again? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I really like this also…

Ever made a mainlined / manifolded plant?

You can train and prune a cannabis plant to almost any shape imaginable

1 Like

Great story and I’m not being snarky even a lil bit but 2006 cup winning weed is now budget shelf weed in the lesser dispensaries.

I do however think you may be on to something about companion planting

1 Like

Nah man… That was good weed even for todays standards… Cause the strain was very good and the technique was complementary…

But i agree 2006 now in 2021 is like thst 2006 compared to 1985 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, “oh shit, stem snapped, we going down!” Is certainly an appropriate time to throw “hey, let’s make pollen” into the mix.

Exactly how that cascade is organized or initiated…and communicated…is a huge subject that has been explored a whole lot since last I looked at it.

Dunno. Genes. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Companion planting only works when there are no nutrients left in the soil. For example (probably the most common), nitrogen fixing plants like beans and other legumes only add nitrogen back when the soil is depleted; until the soil is depleted, they take nitrogen from the earth like the best of them.

Companion planting to decrease moisture loss is a whole different story (and probably best reserved for another thread).

2 Likes

Here are rabbit holes… Your mentioning something i like to call a wormhole

rabbit holes, get your lost for days even weeks, a wormhole will lead you for life

2 Likes

Never ask me something directly, unless you wanna tranwreck the thread… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sorry owner:(

2 Likes

I’ve cloned tops in light flower. Key to success is the stem. If the stem is hollow, cloning is very difficult. Just toss the hollow stems and stick with the solids.

1 Like