Cloning a flower top

Anyone ever successfully root a cut from a top of a plant?

This top part is getting light dep. i cant adjust my fan to raise my light.

I already got a clone to root, wasn’t too hard just had to sacrifice a lot. And a lot were male clones so i tossed. 2-3 rooted, doing same way I did it but soaking rockwool for 30 minutes, cutting at angle, and dipping in cloneex then adding to rock wool with water in cup. Just have never done it in flower and haven’t heard of many people doing it

I clone the tops all the time. That’s how you keep a mom in shape.
In flower it will take a few weeks longer

4 Likes

Not a mom. Flowering her rn, has buds. Getting light dep on top bud in the picture

Oh thanks my bad. Keep it inside my tent as well yes? I kept my clones in garage first time but gonna not do it for my flowering ones in fear of contamination

1 Like

You would be better to bend her over like a rainbow. Pinch her and tye her down

8 Likes

you can bend it straight down. The structure on that plant stinks. you shouldve bent it down weeks ago and it couldve been a bush. you can still bend it now. the middles and bottom will b better than leaving it alone= bend it sideways. if you clone from a flowering plant it takes an extra few weeks= id by clones from cloner.

1 Like

Thanks. What would yield better results? As I should’ve bent earlier but I have never bent before.

you didnt ask me but bend it down. the branches may still have time to grow into big colas.ech branch can turn into a BIG cola. you want to bend them so the plant distributes its hormones evenly instead of to the one top bud. Hormones go up but if you bend it they can be shared. do bend that so the top is lower than a few other nodes. the other nodes should take over, but you missed the timing. you want to do this in the first 3 weeks of flower.

1 Like

You are early enough that bending it will yeild better than removing at this point.
I always top early to generate branching

2 Likes

My bad. Fell asleep and got distracted after that

Its been around 2 weeks of flower.
Get some metal wiring to wrap around and bend?

I will try to bend it. Thank you. If it doesn’t work as planned I’ll go from there

Look up supercropping and knuckling. When you bend the plants, it not just bending. Where one wants to bend should be massaged. Every guy should be familiar with the “pinch and roll” technique, and that is my preferred method for breaking up the plant’s internal structure while leaving the exterior of the stalk/branch intact. If you split the stalk or violently crack it, you should be able to save the limb by wrapping it with plant tape (mostly to prevent moisture loss). Just make sure to remove the tape once the wound has healed.

2 Likes

I had an outdoor lady snap in half and did that, just with normal tape and zip ties. It died.

Indoor should be easier.

It snapped because it wasn’t massaged first and/or the stalk was too big/old/hardened to supercrop.

Break up that internal cellular structure and they will be much more willing to bend like you’re asking them to.

2 Likes

strips of inner tube are my go to…

for tying down. tying up. or even minor repairs.

2 Likes

Snapped cause of wind my bad. Had a bad rainstorm, got caught in it when I wasn’t home and it was too late:/

Middle stalk died and towards end of harvest had mealybugs and mold/rot

listen to @Greenleafpro

I would never ever top this for a clone. The plant put a lot of energy into that as its dominant bud I would either tie it and slowly bend it or snap it over immediately before more time goes by in flower

1 Like

Im gonna bend it don’t worry

Need to get supplies today.

*Massage, then bend…

1 Like

Roll and massage between fingers, bend slowly, and do it over time too? Like bend it more and more everyday?