Clear Emulsions/ sonication with quillaja, carrier oil, distillate

This was after we added glycerine and a ingredient for shelf life. 45-1hr10min of sonicatiom (3-5 gallon batch size) would usually come out around 175-200nm using sonomechanics bullhorn.

I’ve done so with a spray vap I could see how it could be done with a vacuum oven but id think a roto vap would be a more effective route(have not attempted tho)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. What is the purpose of glycerine? For smaller droplet size? How do you like the Simadzu SALD unit and how much did it cost? Were you using one of the nanostabilizer formulations or your own blend?

It was for the finished product after sonication. It’s pretty sweet so it helps with its flavor, We used it and bitter blockers.

I’m forgetting exactly I wanna say it was around 50-60k, around that range for sure. It was cool and all but after verification we were in that range we just obeyed the SOP and it wasnt really used to much after consistent results. If you could test with someone dial in parameters I’d say it’d save you a lot of money. Very simple to use after a hr talk through with a shimadzu technician.

We used sonomechanics and than we reverse engineered and produced ours in house. We’ll worth the R&D money.

3 Likes

The “cannabis extract nanoemulsion.pdf”

is a must read…highly recommended,thanks to Alister.Frazzle

I also recommend anyone reading here to look at the subject:

Which involves a newly described opaque , structured solution chemistry (2017).
These detergentless Microsystems obtain spontaneously
From three component mixtures.
AKA “the louche” to Ethanol extractors.
These “structured solutions” of cannabinoids, water and alcohol
Are readily absorbed and surprisingly stable over long terms.

No equipment necessary. for those with experimental nature.
Prepare a 100 mg/ml solution of purified THC in Ethanol.
Pour one milliliter into a juice glass half filled with water.
Drink it.

Of course such solutions can be further processed to stable
Fluids and dry powders. any one interested , I can put you in
Touch with a group that has 6 years of experimental background in such preparations. Consultants.

4 Likes