Cleaning up Rso feco

Good day people I am finally have to produce 100g as a tester for client will keep updated with pics let the purging begin

2 Likes

Keep it like that, imo

@SidViscous recently told me a way to turn rso into powder and those can be destined for capsules. …

4 Likes

I took a picture of our “pot souffle” to show you how we purge the solvent out of the binder but I stupidly caught the corner of my techs lab notebook and that would be a big no-no so I’ll have to take another one later. Looks like pea soup before it’s dried honestly lol

1 Like

This qwet video is not using high proof alcohol that’s much over 151 proof. It’s the water separating from the cannabis oil and alcohol. The alcohol evaporates first leaving the cannabis oil in the form of the globs and water mixed with remaining alcohol in the liquid. The reason that it’s brown is because it is an emulsion at that point. RSO can be amber if it’s cleaned up but then, as people have mentioned, is it still RSO?

Most of the time people come to me to fix their Green Dragon or RSO when they start to see that and I’ve seen it a lot. Here’s how I educate my readers:

Detailed Reduction & Concentration Guide w/video for 151 Proof Green Dragon

I’m sorry that it’s not the best video in the world by a long shot but it works. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC)

1 Like

Good day people I have cleaned RSO and is looking fantastic. Starting rotovape today. Thabks for the support

1 Like

Will add lab report as soon as possible

Is that a freeze drying flask on your rotary evaporator?

Not sure how do i tell it is just glass from Bucchi

Ah, you answered my question. Its https://www.buchi.com/us-en/beaker-flask

All my rotary evaporator experience is china shit

China not an option the flask is to recover ethanol then I use magnetic heat stirrer after

1 Like

Maybe you can assist, the ethanol colour was perfect but now on rotovape the colour is getting darker my question is can I get the crude golden even if it is THC

1 Like

It is going datk and purple

I’ve never seen golden EHO in bulk. Spread thin (shatter) definitely. Broken down into a .5 of 1g syringe maybe. The key is to keep the extraction very cold and utilize a very short soak time. Like less than 5 mins.

Have you looked at the ethanol color remediation thread?

2 Likes

Just don’t worry about the color. It’s part of the full spectrum extract

2 Likes

I tried my best got 91.2% on oil with more red colour but still happy

2 Likes

I think the soak time is bullshit, tbh I think it’s more about filtration. I did a 30min soak in freezing etoh and I’ve gotten yellow post filtration. I’ve done a 3min soak and never gotten yellow. Not any of the times I’ve ran with etoh bucket tek have I ever get yellow right off the bat from using ethanol as a solvent, there’s always a filtration step.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s not quite my experience. How cold are we talking about? Also, how many soaks? I generally do 2 soaks in different volumes of ethanol for a given amount of biomass. Always with ethanol and biomass that has been cooled in a -80C freezer for at least 24 hr. If I’m going for shatter or some THCa product, I will do short soaks which can range anywhere from 3-10 minutes. In these cases, I always end up with a yellow/golden tincture for both soaks with only filtering sediment (no AC or clays or anything). But if I’m going for distillate, I will typically do 2 30 minute soaks. In theses cases, the first soak typically ends up being gold, but the second soak is almost always green. In these longer extractions, the ethanol gets warmer too due to the length of time and going in and out of the -80C freezer, so by the time I’m done the ethanol can sometimes read -60C or so.

Mind sharing your filtration parameters? Just filtered over AC? T5 or any clays? Do you filter cold, room temp, or warm?

1 Like

I was putting the dry ice directly in the etoh for a couple runs before I learned you weren’t supposed to do that. I use to just drop the nugs in and wait a few mins then filter that over 5 microns. The stuff I pored out of the bucket wasn’t yellow it was green, like rso green. But after it was filtered over the 5 micron filter it wasn’t nt super yellow but it was cloudy yellow. Then I filtered that in a sleeved dewaxing column pushed thru a different 5 micron filter and got it less cloudy. Then I’d filter over 2" of a.c. and 2" d. e. . That would usually make it that crisp yellow.

I haven’t worked with etoh in a while. I also don’t have filter bags to soak the material and then pull it out I usually just submerged the nugs in etoh that had dry ice in it.

When I go back to it this winter I’ll try different medias and I’ll get some filter bags for the material. But I still think post process matters the most.

1 Like

Hi there I want to share some thoughts after the help from this platform. I will be adding potency report next week from 2 labs.

2 Likes