Cleaning up disty without isomerization

I love making d8 clear. And I love making d9 gold. But I don’t love when I have to clean up someone’s disty they aren’t satisfied with. Lol

So my employer brought me over a liter of this disty. It’s not a horrible color but he wants it better. I can visibly see it wasn’t winterized prior to being distilled. So besides winterization what can I do to lighten up this color while keeping it d9.
Anything in the flask that can keep it d9 without isomerization?
Do scrubs while I winterize?

1 Like

Scrubs. Work best warm so maybe ad powders when evaporating of solvent after winterizing
Most powders work better in alkanes
Pentane treu b80 gave fairly good results
Just make sure all is well filtered before next pass

4 Likes

Dissolve the disty in methanol, run it over a column of aa at room temp then after work freezing, reclaim the ethanol, redisolve in Alkane of your week choice and run it through a crc column, evap the alkane and redistill

5 Likes

Carbon scrub? I have other media. Any suggestions?

Run the disty thru a column of silica gel.

4 Likes

hot scrub with t-5 and ac, follow with degumming clay, winterize in methanol- filter thru AA, evap, pentane, ph adjusted water washes LLE, run through CRC, evap pentane, pass it again.

or just turn it into isolate and get some material that isn’t junk.

4 Likes

Whats your preferred solvent when passing the distillate over silica gel?

What type of chromatography/column material does “CRC” stand for?

search bar the CRC thread has like six days of reading material get yer glasses on

2 Likes

Alkanes are what I prefer to use, the colored compounds tend to stick with the silica gel for a longer period if you elute your extract with an alkane.

3 Likes

I searched “CRC” and too many threads popped up, I couldn’t find the original CRC thread that everyone in the other threads reference. If anyone can link me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

I really love that a significant portion of my learning from this site has come from watching convos between scoobiedoobie and tweedledew. F42k is the shit

8 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Would I be able to use etoh? That’s all we have

You can try, but you will probably not get very good separation. I run alcohol thru my silica gel to wash out the colored compounds because alcohol tends to carry them right thru the silica gel at a much quicker rate than if you were to use one of the alkanes.

2 Likes