Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

I want to do a 2x12 as well

1 Like

Collection pot would be open to my tank, so that vacuum pressure would allow for recovery in the jacket that I have warming. That would roll and rumble everything in there and give it a good “agitate”. Then close it off and let it equalize pressure and temp, and push through filters. Or use second chamber to warm and keep isolated, then flush through media.

2 Likes

I’m excited to see the results from this, but it’s got me thinking. Has anyone extracted with hot butane gas instead of cold liquid butane?

3 Likes

I have thought about it.

3 Likes

Damn so doing this all inline, going to the sky I know. But since so wide, no hosing. Would that help me…I have a 2x12 with bunch filter plates I could throw in there, and a way to pack it evenly

3 Likes

I would love to buy some CRC’s from you. Let me know what info you need. Would really like the V2 with bypass valve. I envisioning running them inline after dewax column so I may want NPT ends instead of triclamp. Is that an option?

1 Like

Designing a system for use with hot gas would allow you to use a bigger extraction column than what is normally used and with this color remediation procedure it might end up making an extract that looks as appealing as any other made by this procedure.

7 Likes

That’s the idea I use room temp gas and hot jackets @140f on the atlas material vessels. The extraction efficiency is way up and then the media column to strip the pigment. Not sure for lipids with hot since butane is non polar but if u had a separate cold vessel to move the liquid to after the dumping thru the media column that would work

4 Likes

Definitely. Especially if you can pack it down evenly. I say do little mini runs and see if you can get it. Make some sauce.

4 Likes

or a standalone vacuum accumulator?

I think it depends on where you buy them from, amazon, hfs direct, ebay, or other third party. I have ordered a bunch and usually get 2 rings and a plate but there is a seller that just does the ring but i forgot where I got it from.

For that bleaching clay step, are you talking about achromatizing clay or cbleach? Or is it yet another sorbent I’ve missed thus far?

Thanks for all of the awesome information everybody. This is some rad tek that I am excited to try. I have two questions though.

1. What type of press are you guys using to make the dry filter cakes? I am familiar with prepping liquid filter cakes with vacuum or positive pressure, but have never made a dry cake.

2. Could this filter cake be used post winterization on crude oil for making distillate? I would imagine it should have a similar effect, but am curious if anybody has tried it.

1 Like

Hit me up with a direct messasge, we make them with any connection you so desire.

2 Likes

@eyeworm Is anyone aware of some type of lenticular filter system that could be used?

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m going to put anything in there. I may see if the pvpp will work while I warm the solution and then flush through the other adsorbents

I’m looking to purchase one of your C.R.C.s I need it in a 6 inch connection. I can’t figure out how to DM you, if you could shoot me a dm with pricing that would be great. Cheers :beers:

I didn’t think magsil didn’t enough either

1 Like

Snacks on snacks on snacks

1 Like

Holy cow this thread has blown up… anyone figure out the combonation yet?