Chromatography class

Chromatography class tomorrow: with @murphymurri

20 Likes

Whaaattt?? I want in!

3 Likes

I’ll be giving away free sintered discs (size of your choice) and media during this webinar. Hit up the
GLG site for the discount code if you’re a member :love_you_gesture:

11 Likes

If you want to give any spots away I know of this Vet guy that lives off of disability, and can only wish to afford one of your classes!

10 Likes

I cant seem to find the GLG discount code, where do I look? Or can you just dm it to me?

5 Likes

Me too please!

1 Like

I am interested, does it really cost 250$ though? I am not 250$ interested. :heart:

3 Likes

No doubt… It’s certainly not that I’m not interested! $250 for a class is something I just don’t have. (I don’t have $250 period, let alone an extra $250 to pay for a class.) It sucks but such is life. It would certainly be rad if someone recorded it, and then somehow pass the file on to those that can’t afford to purchase class spots… It’s a thought anyway

3 Likes

I’ve been hesitant on any online / streamed courses
Because I naturally would want to record for re-watching (not reselling) but feel that’s probably looked down upon. I look at Xtractor Pros / Extracts Academy / Murphy Murri / Breaking Dabs courses and hope to take some of them all.

I just would much rather I am ready to practice before taking the courses.

2 Likes

Damn id love to be able to see this but i dont have 250 to drop right now either :tired_face:

Next time hopefully!

2 Likes

DEFF get the hands dirty for a while and get a better general understanding of the processes you wanna take classes in. Then the class will give you so much more value and you will have more applicable questions to ask!

3 Likes

Ugh :weary: 2fiddy tho

1 Like

14 Likes

$250 is a lot but put it into context it’s very little. Not sure It’s beneficial unless you have the correct setup to run this. This sounds more like CRC than traditional chromatography but I could be wrong.

3 Likes

@murphymurri has CRC on lock, and I have no doubt that she will be providing a class on actual Chromatography. She was talking in one of the other threads about pulling fractions through her CRC, so I would say that she is doing the real thing and more than competent in the subject

3 Likes

Its a small price to pay for someone that wants to maximize their product offerings and increase their overall quality. Plus they will probably come out with a whole new product they can sell for more than previous products.

Its chromatography in the sense that you reduce the concentration of you solution and feed that into your CRC then you collect fractions containing different substances and then using those fractions to pick and choose different product possibilities.

This isnt your typical crc class that is only focused on polishing turds for a better appearance.

4 Likes

Yoooo so GLG discount yet? Will the video be available for purchase later?

2 Likes

Don’t pay to learn chromatography via a webinar.

The chemistry has been well understood for decades. I can point those interested to free resources if too lazy to google.

4 Likes

If there is no mention of:

• theoretical plates
  • retention times
  • resolution
  • selectivity
  • capacity factor
  • van demeter plots
  • Band broadening
  • Longitudinal diffusion
  • Height Equivalent to Theoretical Plate
  • equilibrium constant

It’s likely a glorified CRC class. Don’t learn a route process from someone who doesn’t have a proper understanding of the theoretical. Understand the chemistry so you have the mindset for troubleshooting inevitable issues and to OPTIMIZE your separations, learn why reversed phase may be preferred to normal phase without dumping a ton of cash on trial and error

3 Likes

That sounds more like an analytical chromatography class, or maybe a computer assisted flash chromatography class.

This is a less critical type of chromatography where you are not trying to isolate single components in your run but in a more broadened sense you are trying to group similar components together in each fraction.

Still very much chromatography by definition, but not in the traditional chemistry form you would see taught in a school.

Think of this as your most efficient possible way to create higher purity products and also separating different groups of components (terps, flavonoids, cannabinoids etc) all while still in the original vessel you extracted in.

Would reverse phase work better maybe… but if you think about the product they are trying to make then your long answer would end up being no. It would require changing from your extraction solvent to a polar solvent and a larger column, and a lot more solvent handling capabilities. the overhead costs are VASTLY different and thats not even taking into the account of flavnoid/terpene loss.

Just because its not the academically correct way to do this it doesnt mean its the incorrect way.

3 Likes